Kmart WROD

moe ghoul

I'm not jealous...last years WROD at Kmart was the nail in the coffin but yOu were already up there. If I wanted to be there this last weekend I would have.

Sounds like your becoming a jaded old man to me.

Sounds like your becoming a jaded old man to me.

We were soured by last years experience. We have always had fun at Kmart, but the stairway to heaven has allowed them to not open without top to bottom, and as much as I like early skiing, the associated crowds sucked. We never had a problem opening weekend before as everyone was spread out. Last year was in-sane. And this wasn't even the longest line we were in:

76830_584729964396_9507789_34465061_4930323_n.jpg

Whatever the variables may be, there was nothing close to the lines you showed. Bailing on an opening because you had one bad day is bogus. You say it's because you want to save money? I spent probably 100 bucks, thats including gas, a place to stay, food, and beer. I could think of plenty of worse things to spend 100 bucks on.

Whatever the variables may be, there was nothing close to the lines you showed. Bailing on an opening because you had one bad day is bogus. You say it's because you want to save money? I spent probably 100 bucks, thats including gas, a place to stay, food, and beer. I could think of plenty of worse things to spend 100 bucks on.

Just had no motivation for another crazy day. And, I wouldn't have gone opening weekend because I wouldn't want to drive that far in that storm. By the looks of Moe's pictures, the second weekend wasn't too far behind in terms of crowds. Granted, conditions were great last year...but we only skied 4 runs in a few hours.

73989_584732209896_9507789_34465067_7580041_n.jpg

After the line i stood in 2 years ago to ski freedom at Big Boulder, i swore i would never do opening day/weekend again. and from Jeff's pic last year the lift line seems to be the same whether its the poconos or vermont. This is usually the time a year a friend starts calling me about going somewhere early, like Vermont. i am dying to go skiing, anywhere, but i just cant justify a trip to Vermont to ski limited terrain, and spend almost the same as i would when the whole mountain is open. thats just me though. i know Moe was in town for some other things, and the slopes just happen to be there.

After the line i stood in 2 years ago to ski freedom at Big Boulder, i swore i would never do opening day/weekend again. and from Jeff's pic last year the lift line seems to be the same whether its the poconos or vermont. This is usually the time a year a friend starts calling me about going somewhere early, like Vermont. i am dying to go skiing, anywhere, but i just cant justify a trip to Vermont to ski limited terrain, and spend almost the same as i would when the whole mountain is open. thats just me though. i know Moe was in town for some other things, and the slopes just happen to be there.

I'm assuming you meant this day :)

11267_555177991786_9507789_33430612_8363768_n.jpg

We all know that I jones pretty damn hard and start complaining about weather pretty early in the season, but even with my jonesing through the roof, I wouldn't go for either of those offerings either. I can't stand crowds and am fortunate enough to be able to board mostly on weekdays. When I go boarding, I go to board, not wait in a line with the rest of New Jersey.

• Like 1

I have to agree, I wouldn't have made the trip up simply to hit K, but it was on the way home and woulda been foolish not to get some runs in while I was up there. We ended up staying at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which is pet friendly so we brought the dogs with us. It's a super nice resort and the amenities are 1st class. Mrs Moe and I found the house we want and are in the process of pulling the trigger on it. Stoke levels are rising once again.

• Like 4

At this rate nobody in PA will be open before Christmas... This weather blows lol

patience is a virtue, grasshopper :ph34r:

don't worry, as soon as it gets cold enough they will blow the white stuff quickly and all will be fine (or at least skiable)....