Thoughts on Blue honoring other moutain's ski passes?

indiggio

I'll be there for opening on Thursday and Friday

It’s not even going to be worth driving up there, it’s going to be super crowded as soon as they open from all the additional people that they are going to attract with this dumb idea. All these people who have never been to Blue before are going to fall in love with the place and buy a season pass for the rest of the season. Making it even more crowded for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

So I take it this means they will also honor an employee pass from BC??? Uh I might have to get "sick" on friday morning.

I hate to say it, but right now I'm kinda hoping bc doesn't open til like the 3rd. I'm scheduled to work the same time as the winter classic and I don't wanna miss it.

Crowd was significantly smaller than expected today. Probably threat of rain kept people home or at work.

Lots of BM racers out. Definitely saw a few BC boarders there.

6-pack was having issues too, late start, stuck a few times for brief periods.

Snow was soft and slow, but overall a great morning to be on the slopes. Hope this rain moves through quick and doesn't do a lot of damage.

I think its a good idea, how many will actually take advantage of the offer? Maybe a couple of the passholders at BC will purchase season passes from Blue next season instead of BC, not sure why they buy a season pass from BC in the 1st place.

They are not honoring employee passes according to their Facebook. Anyway it looks like a low of 20 degrees for Allentown tomorrow night so maybe Bear Creek can blow enough snow to reopen.

Well that sucks, they should know that pretty much any liftie or park crew fella is gonna spend 10x what the average gaper will on beer at the bar. Especially considering current conditions.

• Like 4

People buy beer at Blue??? I thought everybody just brings their own as small draft beers are like $7

$6 for a 12oz cup. not the cheapest i've ever seen, but certainly not the worst either. maybe i'm just used to philly prices, but $6 for a pretty tasty decently strong beer isn't too horrible to me.

• Like 3

I didn't read the whole thread but from what i did you guys are missing the point. The season pass holders from other places may not be renting but they have friends, and their friends may be renting, they'll be buying tickets, and eating.

I didn't read the whole thread but from what i did you guys are missing the point. The season pass holders from other places may not be renting but they have friends, and their friends may be renting, they'll be buying tickets, and eating.

Thought of that too, but I suspect that friends are gonna say "How much for how many runs? Forget it". People with passes are gonna go no matter what, because they've already paid (somewhere) and want to get something out of the money already spent.

The whole thing just boggles my mind, which is why I started the discussion. Why would a competing business do such a thing? I doubt you'd ever see Camelback make an offer like this...

Camelback has done it in the past and still has 'alien' days every year. Blue wouldn't do it if it didn't benefit them. We all know how they work up there.... Maybe people won't be convinced to go to blue this year but maybe next year when they remember not opening until the middle of January.they will reconsider their season pass choices...

They absolutely will. My only worry is Bear. This has got to he crushing whatever they had.

It's only 39 at Blue and hasn't gotten higher than that today that I have seen. Maybe they will see some flakes as the temps drop.

Bears toast. It was tough tell how much snow they had down but a majority of it was probably washed away.

Aren't those lyrics from the Paula Abdul song Opposites Attract??? High teens 2morrow night in the Poke N Hoes!!!! Blue should blow some pixie dust for Thursday morning!!!!

No clue, Paula Abdul ain't quite my style... Glad to hear some snowmaking temps are arriving again... Everyone is going to need it when this mess freezes back over... Low singles to low -s up at the mountain tomorrow night...

Thought of that too, but I suspect that friends are gonna say "How much for how many runs? Forget it". People with passes are gonna go no matter what, because they've already paid (somewhere) and want to get something out of the money already spent.

The whole thing just boggles my mind, which is why I started the discussion. Why would a competing business do such a thing? I doubt you'd ever see Camelback make an offer like this...

i think you might be surprised how much a little bit of good will does for the average consumer. people on this message board, for the most part, are not your average consumer in this market, we're the hardcore, dedicated ones who buy a pass, scrounge together cash to take a 2nd or 3rd trip out west, ski in the rain, etc. just the fact that blue is advertising that they're doing this for other areas' passholders will attract non-passholders who may not have considered blue before. it gets the word out that they're open with more terrain than most right now, and the (relatively speaking, we're still in PA) conditions are pretty good. i talked to many customers in the shop last night that had no idea anywhere in PA was even open at this point, and about half of them are now planning on taking a trip up to blue this thursday or friday to check it out. and that was from one person talking about it.

• Like 1

10% off food

VIP line

End of season party...

I've never been to the end of the season party but they should allow Bear creek season passholders as well.

I Bear creek isn't open until late January, could be really good for Blue..maybe get some new passholders.

What more could we ask for, right?

Looks like Blue is now honoring neighboring employee season passes as well.

You'd think Blue would be as generous to their season pass holders, like letting them on the mount 1/2 hour early or something???

You get this info from the bookface or something?? I might have to make an appearance to try and touch the sky.

Ya on facespace they said it was only for 7 day passholders..I think if you call twice you'll probably get two different answers.

no no, he's right, says so right on their wall. Now honoring neighboring employee passes. I gotta see if I got any paid time off left. Hell I might drag the snowboard out for this one and do some knuckle draggin.