12/29...Felt Like Winter

AtomicSkier

wow, what a beautiful morning. Great way to start the day. It was 20 degrees when I left my house, and a cool 18 degrees at the lower lot at Blue. We were rolling 7 deep to start the day: Me, Root, Toast, Skier1112, GAHSkier, MBike, Little MBike. FirstGradeTeacher was also in the house. Conditions were great to start the day, and the stinging of the cold air as you hit home stretch was something we haven't felt yet this year. Tuts Lane -> Lazy Mile -> Crossover -> Challenge -> Falls -> Home Stretch was the ROTD. Falls to start the day was so perfect for pushing it to the max. Very smooth and grippy. Lazy became down right dangerous around 9:15am with so many people on it. On the last run, I had a mental overload trying to decide how to thread the needle, so I just had to stop. There was no way for me to get through.

It was about 23 degrees when I left the parking lot at 9:35am. At work now feeling great. Love the 8am midweek holiday opening :)

Im new here but here are my thoughts on Blue this morning: far too many skiers and boarders for limited terrain. Out of control skiers and boarders flying down Midway into Main while the BM race team was training (this shouldn't be allowed until sufficient terrain is open). One guy was flying down Main while talking on a cell phone. Went home after 6 runs

awesome morning. conditions were perfect to start. best couple of runs i've had all year. after 9:00 when the masses came it got a little ugly but still fun. Root and i headed out around 10:30 and they were still making snow on the valley school, paradise, tubing, razors, and the top of the 6pack and quad. not sure if anything was going on over near burma.

just checked the webcam and they are still blowing. they are doing a great job this year with what they have been given. every week there is something new to get excited about with more trails opening, unlike last year when everything was opened up pretty quickly. i guess it gives you something to look forward to.

401525_575916491964_39300404_31898376_240895162_n.jpg

402398_575904660674_39300404_31898314_1473514964_n.jpg

• Like 1

Im new here but here are my thoughts on Blue this morning: far too many skiers and boarders for limited terrain. Out of control skiers and boarders flying down Midway into Main while the BM race team was training (this shouldn't be allowed until sufficient terrain is open). One guy was flying down Main while talking on a cell phone. Went home after 6 runs

I stopped just above the midway/main st. intersection at around 10:20am (12-29) for 2 minutes and saw three eggbeaters and one blind side take down by a little kid. It was like watching a live funniest home videos clip. Blue was blowing snow top to bottom on paradise and razors, those two trails should be open soon. That will ease the congestion considerably.

I was up there from around 8-12 today, and starting around 10am was the most crowded skiing I have ever experienced in my life!! But im not one bit ungrateful because Im one of the lucky BC season pass holders who got to ski for free today. Would like to thank Blue again for extending the olive branch, but damn it got sketchy out there today haha!

We're lift lines long or just crowded trails? The amount of People the six pack takes per your combonds with main street and burma chairs is an insane amount of people for the available terrain...even when everything is open trails are crowded. I will savor those early runs tomorrow.

the liftlines were maybe, at most, 5 minutes the trails were a human slalomn though.

the liftlines were maybe, at most, 5 minutes the trails were a human slalomn though.

lift lines were like 15 minutes when i left. trails were horrendous. morning was awesome though. even the race team was eating it in the sugar at the bottom of that one straight and long trail. i couldnt decide if i wanted to slip out on my skis with no edges on the ice or get eaten by the snow snakes in the sugar so i just pointed it.