Sunday Night 1/8

NMSKI

I definitely should have checked your guys posts before heading up last night. Conditions were rough. Razors started out decent with soft bumps, but around 7 or 8 the whole mountain was pretty icy. While i was waiting in line some guy gave me his lift ticket that he was done using, so at least I skied for free. The snow guns were blowing on skiers right of the mountain starting at about 7 although it didn't really seem like it was cold enough for snowmaking. Sorry no pics.

Wow you got ski ski for free. I can't believe the guy didn't try to get money for his pass..even $10. The new RFID passes are a double edged sword..cutting into blues bottom line for sure.

Or are they? For every person who gives it away, they're preventing that same person from staying until 3pm with a morning pass.

Or are they? For every person who gives it away, they're preventing that same person from staying until 3pm with a morning pass.

except that person is already paid for. the only extra money they'd be making is off food/beer if that person stayed til 3. blue's bar is expensive, but you'd have to get pretty well loaded to equal out the cost of the other person buying a lift ticket.

i haven't actually looked closely at the new lift ticket cards. does it say anything on them about being non-transferable? when you buy them, is your name associated with them somehow, so that if you were to reload the card at the ticket window, they ask for your ID or anything like that? what if you're just trying to be 'green' and give your card to a friend to reload when they want to ski on a different day to save a few dollars? it gets kind of touch as far as where the line can be drawn when you're implementing a reusable ticket system like blue has.

i haven't actually looked closely at the new lift ticket cards. does it say anything on them about being non-transferable? when you buy them, is your name associated with them somehow, so that if you were to reload the card at the ticket window, they ask for your ID or anything like that? what if you're just trying to be 'green' and give your card to a friend to reload when they want to ski on a different day to save a few dollars? it gets kind of touch as far as where the line can be drawn when you're implementing a reusable ticket system like blue has.

it does say non transferable i think. but if its re-loadable i dont see it being a problem if say i give it to my friend, he re loads it online, and goes to blue. but the mountain is losing money when someone sells it or gives it away in the parking lot.

The problem at Blue is that the all day pass is from 8am - 10pm. Nobody is going to ski/ride from 8am to 10pm. They should cut off the all day pass at 4 or 5 pm, which would prevent what happened in my case.

Would anybody on the board have said no to the guy offering the free pass? Just curious.

I wouldn't have said no to a free pass..I'm just saying I could see Blue losing quite a bit of potential revenue.

Agree with Doug 100% on this one. May not be enough to hurt them but its still lost money. Shit happens though

You guys are right, they must missing out on a lot of potential revenue. I find it kind of funny though that such a big operation can't structure its rules to effectively prevent dumbasses (like myself) from taking advantage.

its definitely mad easy to transfer lift ticket cards. when I went up to blue I bought one with cash and they didn't get any info from me at all. it says in red letters that it's non-transferrable though, but there is absolutely no way of them telling someone transferred the ticket

Last night was pretty good, fast surface that was pretty edgeable, some rutting but also some other rippers in the house.

was also up last night with kevin and justin. i hate skiing when the sun goes down, but i was surprised how the conditions actually were. we skied from 7:30-9:30ish.