Motorcycles

zzslope

Hey ZZ what do you think about the new 48?

I like it, very cool. The big front tire looks great on it. The rear brake/turn signal combo, and the side license plate clean up the rear of the bike beautifully. I'm glad they returned to the old style peanut gas tank, I'm not a fan of the new sportster tank styling. Sportster motors run great and are almost bulletproof. My only issue is that I have gotten used to the size of my Softtails and FL's so I feel cramped on a sportster (I hope I don't sound like an elitist by saying that).

you ride today? i saw a lot of bikes out today. none of that harley business though.

Have not been out yet this year, bikes are in storage, but I think I am going to take one out of storage tomorrow. The up coming week looks pretty good for riding.

Brand doesn't matter as long as you like what your riding.

You are right. The experience is more important than the brand. Personally I really like the BMW GS, I have been toying with the idea of buying one and outfitting it with aluminum panniers for a long time. I love back road motorcycle camping, and the GS is perfect for that. I also like the supermotard bikes, and the duel sport bikes that Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha have. I had a honda duel sport and loved it, it was a blast on little back roads and the occasional off road excursion.

Haters gonna hate

I don't understand what you mean by that.

Love my Softtail Standard.

What year?

You were hating on people with fake Harley cruisers...kind of like I hate on people who don't make first chair at Blue. I'm personally too scared to ride a motorcycle but if I did I'd get a BMW moped.

Move into it slow, start by replacing your car's steering wheel with handlebars.

My mid life crisis resulted in apehangers on my road king.

Cool! Do you have any problems with your hands going numb? I've always wondered that about apehangers.

Have you ever had issues with the 21" front wheel following cracks in the road?

I've not noticed it doing that any more than any other bike I've had.

However, I try to avoid the snakes as much as possible because they to tend to wrench the wheel much like frozen cord does with a ski sometimes!