Possible Halloween Storm

poconoceancity

However, if Moe still has the Moetel, it might be worth it to dust it off and head back to WV. Snowshoe might have some good turns to hike for this weekend...

The old Moetel got traded in for a 2012, new and improved with new moetel smell. We got back from VT around 6 tonite once it appeared the storm was heading into the NJ/PA area. Rocket box is loaded with gear and ready to go. If we can avoid sustained power outages and no trees take out the house, I plan to head down to Whitegrass and/or Shoe. Prolly leave Tues or Wed. Hope all avoid any major damage, especially those near the shore.

• Like 3

So far so good. The winds took out an apple tree in the backyard, so I can chainsaw that in the AM and do a quicky fence repair. If power holds thru tuesday and no other damage, I plan to roll down there pre dawn on Wednesday.

please feel free to swing by and pick me up

please feel free to swing by and pick me up

If you can secure a place to sleep, the more the merrier. I might have one other person coming along for the TC6 carpool program. If he comes along, he's coming down from NYC and will crash at my house tomorrow night. He's got a room at the Brazen Head outside of Snowshoe.

http://www.brazenheadinn.com/

No lift service, RU bootpackin or skinnin?

If you can secure a place to sleep, the more the merrier. I might have one other person coming along for the TC6 carpool program. If he comes along, he's coming down from NYC and will crash at my house tomorrow night. He's got a room at the Brazen Head outside of Snowshoe.

http://www.brazenheadinn.com/

No lift service, RU bootpackin or skinnin?

bootpackin', so let me work on this. how long are you staying there?

bootpackin', so let me work on this. how long are you staying there?

Prolly come back Friday or Saturday. Open ended right now. If there isn't a legit 2 feet, I'm not going. Davis, WV is reporting 14" so far. That would be Whitegrass which will be open and there's a campground that's open. Only thing I'm sure about is departure day and time.

Banged out a massive amount of stuff, sauna is warmin up, drinkin a heady and blazin, thinkin about.............

&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzeInQaUk4

Hugo, you going rogue or just AWOL? Whitegrass appears to be the destination for a few reasons.

Hugo, you going rogue or just AWOL? Whitegrass appears to be the destination for a few reasons.

I sent you a PM, you ding dong. I'm out. Between having too much going on and not having my boots because I'm getting the Bibbys all mounted up, it can't do it.

Guess you are lucky you are home. Glad you fared ok. Sea Isle, Avalon and I assume Stone Harbor are not letting residents back on the island yet.

Word on the street is that LBI is going to be closed for at least 3-4 days... They really took the brunt of it... We have some pretty massive flooding down here, but it's receding quickly... Wind damage was minimal from what I've seen... IR Inlet Bridge is closed for another 48 hours due to dune breaches and sand covering the road...

Sugar Mountain open tomorrow... I doubt it's t2b, but I would even take a midstation lift ride... Don't know how much snow they got... Some places in WV got upwards of 40" with it still coming down... Snowshoe said they won't open tomorrow, but they have had the guns on and say they may open ahead of schedule... Opening day is scheduled for Dec. 8, so I think they will beat that...

Looks like this cold air coming in may allow some NE areas to fire up the guns by the end of the weekend...

I sent you a PM, you ding dong. I'm out. Between having too much going on and not having my boots because I'm getting the Bibbys all mounted up, it can't do it.

I did not see that. The little red 1 on the top o the page. We'll get ya up to VT this winter. Snowshoe will announce if they'll spin lifts tomorrow on their FB page, fyi. We're headin for CV tomorrow. Maybe Shoe on friday. October turns...........yummers.

• Like 3