Elk Mountain Jingle

OutCold

Elk doesn't need to waste money on ads and a fancy website...it has a reputation for Vermont skiing in PA minus tree skiing, vertical, fast lifts, on mountain lodging and 200+ inches of snowfall a

Year

It's false advertising for sure. How many areas in Vermont have warning signs on the lift poles warning about skiing trees and too skiing fast?

• 4 weeks later...

What's funny Is the ad I heard on a philly station promoting their park. Bottom line is their park stinks and no offense to anyone here, the overall majority feeling here is that's not the crowd they want here. Why they waste the money on ads, I don't know.

radio ads are dirt cheap. that's why.

I'm no spokesman for this place but it took me a few seasons to fully understand this place and its crotchety old owner. He'll proudly walk the lodge telling people that if you don't like no wifi and hard lodge seats, go to Sno. Slow lifts suck. But otoh I can always get a clean rip down any slope without dodging slow pokes. I think that was one reason bear didn't put any speedy lifts in.

I wish they would take that minimal amount of money they are spending on radio ads and put it into a snow media reporter who could update the website, maintain a Facebook page. It would also be nice if they have the website a usability upgrade and facelift...

What's funny Is the ad I heard on a philly station promoting their park. Bottom line is their park stinks and no offense to anyone here, the overall majority feeling here is that's not the crowd they want here. Why they waste the money on ads, I don't know.

Park rats from Philly are going to go to elk for park especially since they'll be driving past boulder on the way there. Elk needs to move their park off the 200 yard area it's on, build some legitimate features, then start advertising it.

They either need to cut another trail specifically for it since giving up another trail, say Mahican, wouldn't make sense because it's their longest cruiser, or they need to go with their spring style park on the east/west slope. I can't remember which, but not the one below Susqy... It has it's own dedicated lift and no hi speed trails that dump out into the top of it... They just need a boost into 2013, not 2000...