Journey to Beehive State - 2013

RidgeRacer

Sitting in the cliff lodge. This may have been one of the, if not the best ski day of my life. I'll post more later. I'm beat. Dan took one more run. Waist deep in spots. UN f-in believable. Another pic below. Stay tuned though. Dan has some baller action shots.

post-264-0-82386500-1361916515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ridge Racer
  • Like 1

that doesn't look waist deep - but glad you having a good time already.

It is waist deep in spots. Higher up in mineral basin, in the trees in Peruvian and in the cirque its waist deep. That picture was on chips run - a traverse. It never stopped snowing.

By the way there's a ton of people from PA here.

Alright... We scored the second tram of the day. In the tram line Dan got hit on by a 75 year old woman from Stowe. In the tram some dude farted so that was the last time we ride it. We made it to the top of hidden peak and it was windy as hell and there was 0 visibility at 11k. We skied under the little cloud lift then to get lift a few times then figured that we would have better luck in the gad valley... That we did... Untouched all over the place and much easier to see. Hung out there till lunch then took the gad zoom over to big Emma and to the Peruvian lift.

The best, deepest snow was in the gulch so we hung out there for a bit then hit the tunnel too mineral basin. The trees in Peruvian were sick. Basin was deep but had a weird later of crust underneath. Two runs later we hit decided to ski the cirque.

It snowed all day and didn't stop. The storm produced more than they were calling for. Not to mention they got 2 feet over the weekend so it worked out. Great day 1 at snowbird.

• Like 1

I guess it was so long ago that I was there I only remember a modern, mall-like lodge, the tram, and the fact that we were so socked in we got lost.

And some boarder yelled at me for accidentally hitting him with my pole as he blasted by me... Didn't even know he was there.

Edited by sibhusky