A Direct Question: Buckman's or the Loft for best boot fitting?

JollyJake99

It's time for new boots, now that we're over the family medical condition of two years ago. I know that the Loft carries Langes which we've come to like & trust very much & I don't think that Buckman's carries them. Since all of the boot buys of the last twenty years were at and fitted by Nestor's, I'd like to solicit suggestions & comments.

Thanks!!

I don't know who did your fitting at Nestor's (Sr?) but a lot of the same shop guys are still there (Adam is probably your best bet). The biggest problem is, they really don't catry any higher-end boots. If you're only looking for something in the 100 flex range, then Buckman's has your boot.

I haven't been to the Loft in years, so I can't comment.

Every shop has a guy who fits boots "a little better than the rest". Find that guy and make a midweek appointment. Don't think on a Saturday you will get a quality boot fit. It takes time to put shit on, get it to body temp, flex or dance or whatever it is one does to get that proper feeling. I've fit boots for a long time and to get it right requires a couple hours. Foot beds add some more time.

• Like 2

i guess ill ease up. nestors can fit boots great. those guys know what theyre doing. but... they sell and start with the wrong boot. i should not have been put in langes. my feet permanently changed shaped.

they love langes.

loft just seems like a guy owned a shop and said to his 15 year old kid "you do this"

Edited by Shadows

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I should make my search wider than the just the two shops I first mentioned.

Can anyone reccomend any place in "The Poconos" that has a top notch boot fitter? Or, I'll go as far south as Quakertown or as far west as Reading.

And yes, a good boot fitting can (and opften should) well take up a whole afternoon.

Thanks again in advance for all advice!

on the edge of your travel range but my wife loves salters. she has "issues" and they've really helped her out a lot - with the boot fitting ones anyways!

I think dalbellos are all they carry though.

Salter's just picked up Fischer boots this year, in addition to Dalbello.

Perhaps I should make my search wider than the just the two shops I first mentioned.

Can anyone reccomend any place in "The Poconos" that has a top notch boot fitter? Or, I'll go as far south as Quakertown or as far west as Reading.

And yes, a good boot fitting can (and opften should) well take up a whole afternoon.

Thanks again in advance for all advice!

dieter at alpina/ 940 boards is who i go to. he has a good selection of boots and is 2 miles down the road from jack frost on route 940.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a pair of Fischer Vacuum-Fit boots at Salter's. Best boot fitters in the region. Can't wait to give them a try.

I met several people with them on the mountain last year, one of which owned a ski shop that sold them, and not one person had a problem with them. For a $6,000 machine, I would hope they fit well. Your lucky you got then early. The boot forms went fast last year and they were mostly sold out by mid January.

• 2 months later...

I've now skied in my Fischer's (Ranger 12's) 5 days in conditions as cold as 12 degrees and as warm as 50 degrees. No issues, consistent flex across the temperature range. Practically no break-in period fit wise, with excellent circulation from day one. During the fitting process, Salter's corrected some minor alignment problems and the difference is noticable between turns and while gliding. I think I picked a winner.

• Like 1