Camelback Sold! $69M

RootDKJ

Saturday did suck, but Thursday and Friday were awesome days in the sun that I'd like to repeat.

For me, half the allure of the spring is the sun and parking lot brews. It's nice to be able to get some runs in, but I go for the whole experience. I think I went to CB my senior year of college on the 7th or 8th of April, which was pretty sweet, even if the snow wasn't.

I hate camelback more and more each season, but the passes are so cheap.

They almost lured me with the $199 deal. I had $200 ready last March when I went on my Alien pass. I even said to myself, I'll just go purchase it later after skiing. Thank God because I remembered that I was at CB and I cant stand it (the vibe mostly) there. The snow was bad that day, my Daughter was struggling big time, and there were tourists riding a freaking roller coaster under my feet when I rode the lift. I ran out of there as fast as I could. I do like parts of the mountain. Pharoah, NIle Mile and cliffy are fun trails but that's really all it has going for it.

It's funny because it's the area I think, That area is "The Poconos" for lots of out of Staters. I went to Big Pocono this summer for what I thought would be a nice quiet picnic with the fam - Wrong. Is was a zoo even up there. No tables to be found, loud people etc etc.

Have u ever skied camelback with PASRs? Blue invades the place and outskis their locals.

Are there locals at cb? Every time I go its filled with gaper tourists.

Yes there are locals and no we don't ski on weekends and obviously we were not around when you guys came to play. There will be no "outskiing" of Camelback locals at Camelback. Nuf Sed.

• Like 2

Yes there are locals and no we don't ski on weekends and obviously we were not around when you guys came to play. There will be no "outskiing" of Camelback locals at Camelback. Nuf Sed.

Out drink? Yeah. I think the Blue locals got that one.

Lol. What's next? Are you gonna start challenging people to a ski off?

8193767_f520_zps9580c809.jpg

PS not get all rain man on you like Ride DE remembering everything about every poster on PASR but didn't you ditch CB for Shawnee?

• Like 3

nah we don't need a skioff but a drink off....LET'S DO IT!!!

I ski the weekends at Shawnee and midweek at the crack.

No need to deal with zoo on the weekends.

And once again comparing pocono ski areas it's sorta rain manish.

Edited by poconovfr
  • Like 2

Hahaha.. The crack... Lol. I thought that was Mountain Creek.

Last couple years it's begining to look and feel like it too.

If I was closer to Blue I'd prolly have a pass there. Shawnee is about 7 minutes from my place and Camelback about 17 minutes and working at one of the shops gets me a full bivvy pass at the crack for a buc thirtry. Can't pass that up.

• 4 weeks later...

So much corny in this...

“the convenience of a daily accessible ski experience without the expense of air travel. We see an opportunity to make the ski experience more accessible, so we bring the mountain to the skier. Our metropolitan ski parks turn downhill enthusiasm into uphill advantages, creating a sustainable competitive advantage,” its website explains.

1) WTF is a metropolitan ski park?

2) are they really suggesting that Camelback is an alternative to flying out west?

Its crap like this that make me appreciate areas like Elk despite their tree parole.

• Like 1

So much corny in this...

“the convenience of a daily accessible ski experience without the expense of air travel. We see an opportunity to make the ski experience more accessible, so we bring the mountain to the skier. Our metropolitan ski parks turn downhill enthusiasm into uphill advantages, creating a sustainable competitive advantage,” its website explains.

1) WTF is a metropolitan ski park?

2) are they really suggesting that Camelback is an alternative to flying out west?

Its crap like this that make me appreciate areas like Elk despite their tree parole.

It has seemed to me for the past few years, and this really confirms it, that ski areas here in PA (with the exception of a few) are run like amusement parks.

Shuttle them in, keep them there long enough to buy an expensive lunch and grab some rental charges, and then ship them back to the city.