3/2/14.... No GSS

AtomicSkier

Great day at Blue Mountain. No Slif. No 3F temps. Me, Toast, Justo, Rose, and Mbike. Toast and I started on our slalom skis and did about a 1hr 15min session on those until our legs were beat then I grabbed the Mantras and Toast grabbed his park skis. I think Justo even has a pic of him hitting a rail. We just lapped Main Street bumps where were pretty nice, and lower Main Street was grippy carvable snow. Skied till about 10:30am...drank some beer, then went to CBI for lunch. JADIP.

• Like 3

Let me get this straight... You skied 2.5 hours? Makes me feel a lot better about only skiing 3 runs today with a sore throat and a fever.

We average about 2 hour sessions. I guess it's been awhile since you've skied with in PA. Doing the same 6 runs over and over again gets boring. Especially with 5000 other people.

Let me get this straight... You skied 2.5 hours? Makes me feel a lot better about only skiing 3 runs today with a sore throat and a fever.

I usually stay leave between 11 and 2 depending on the snow quality and beer quantity.

• Like 1

I thought Barney's was terrible yesterday, compared to what they've been. I think they need to do more than one night of snowmaking after reseeding when they're that small. You'd just pick up tons of speed without the larger faces to more easily control speed.

Sounds like you were running them early in the day?

After seeding, bumps are practically non-existent.

Give people a few hours to run them in (or have SP destroy them with toboggan drills) and you'll have pretty deep bumps.

Sometimes, but not often, they let the bumps go and just blow in them.

Most of the time they mow em down, blow some snow on top, then reseed.

Unfortunately when it's cold as crap, there's no way anything is going to stick to the boiler underneath and eventually the new stuff is going to get scraped off.

Only spring conditions are going to change that.

Sounds like you were running them early in the day?

After seeding, bumps are practically non-existent.

Give people a few hours to run them in (or have SP destroy them with toboggan drills) and you'll have pretty deep bumps.

Sometimes, but not often, they let the bumps go and just blow in them.

Most of the time they mow em down, blow some snow on top, then reseed.

Unfortunately when it's cold as crap, there's no way anything is going to stick to the boiler underneath and eventually the new stuff is going to get scraped off.

Only spring conditions are going to change that.

skied them around 10ish and did a few laps? A nights worth of snowmaking would have done wonders, no amount of skiing them in would make them better with how slick they were, as far as I could tell. Lookin like Saturday is shaping up to be a glorious day of ripping bump and park laps though!
  • Like 1