Camelback to Close April 13th

Ride Delaware ?

Just saw on CB's website that their close date has been set for the 13th. The Value Pass no longer has any restrictions as well.

I would assume that they will have both the Stevenson and Sullivan until the 6th and then shut down the Stevenson and leave the core 8 open for skiing and riding until the 13th. The drainage at the bottom of the Stevenson is terrible, so even when the coverage is still 100%, you have to wade through knee deep water to get on the lift.

Yup that's what I was expecting. Unless blue closes before April 6th I'll gladly not ski camelback this season!!!

Most years camelback keeps the Stevenson open through closing.

I'm guessing big boulder will make 4:20 day

They typically keep it open until the same day when the season is shorter and they won't make it that late. It's a combination of drainage and the beginner hill melting out. It's a wide open plateau that doesn't keep snow well. They won't keep them both open and operating as islands.

Why not get one more PA day in? Or are you bringing back the mid April Stowe skifari?

That's later than here. Of course, I'm not expecting base damage when I ski the last day here.

I've skied Camelback on April 6th on a warmer spring than this one, and I didn't see any rocks and got no base damage. I'd rather have lift service with a couple obstacles than be done riding in my state.

I've skied Camelback on April 6th on a warmer spring than this one, and I didn't see any rocks and got no base damage. I'd rather have lift service with a couple obstacles than be done riding in my state.

The energetic earn their turns for another couple months. There's a place south of us that usually stays open another week, but every time I go there I say why did I do this..

• 3 weeks later...

What will likely happen on the 12/13 weekend is that the Sullivan lift and that side of the resort will be closed, and the Stevenson and Glen lifts will serve the other side of the resort. They do this so they can work on getting the water park open, and keep trails open at the same time. It takes a lot of work to change over from Winter to Summer. The good news is that I plan on having the park open for the last weekend with 25-30 features. Camelback will be the only mountain in the region open as most places (if not already closed) will close this weekend (4/5-4/6).

"Camelback will be the only mountain in the region open as most places (if not already closed) will close this weekend (4/5-4/6)."

Maybe not, according to Blue Mountains condition page today 4/5.

OPEN for skiing & riding Saturday 04/05 & Sunday 04/06 from 8am to 5pm w/34 trails & 2 lifts from the Valley at the base of Blue Mountain!

Machine Groomed Granular w/24" to 48" base - Spring conditions across the mountain!

UPDATES: All services will operate out of the Valley 04/05 & 04/06, including our Rental Shop, the Trail’s End Bar, Valley Café, and select outdoor grills. The Summit Lodge will be closed except for Season Pass Holders to access seasonal lockers. Sunday, April 6 is scheduled to be the last day.. but there is potential to open 04/12 & 04/13! As soon as we know it'll be posted!

* SAVE $20 off ALL Lift Tickets AND Blue is honoring Season Passes from other ski resorts! Visiting Season Pass Holders must first stop by our Rental Shop to present their current Season Pass. We ask that you supply your name, address, DOB & email address to get a lift ticket!

The BigAirBag is CLOSED. The USA Luge is CLOSED.

Snowtubing is now CLOSED. Thank you for a great 2013 - 2014 Winter Season and for your continued support! See you on the mountain this Spring, Summer & Fall!

Sounds like the Camels final day is the 4/6 now and not 4/13!

Daily News:
Camelback will be open on Sunday April 6th from 8:30am to 4:00pm with First Trax at 7:30am for our Super Passholders.

April 6th will be the Final day of the 2013-2014 winter season, thank you for another great winter!

Snowtubing will be open on Sunday, April 6th from 9:00am to 4:00pm with up to 12 chutes.

CBK Mountain Adventures is open weekends through the spring! Come out and experience Pennsylvania's biggest tree top adventures, the longest and fastest zip flyer in North America, Pennsylvania's only Mountain Coaster, and much more!

Yeah, of course like 2 hours after I posted that they decided to close early. This weeks weather is a contributing factor, as well as the fact that nobody is coming out... it was dead yesterday and it is dead today. Unfortunately, if you did not come out yesterday, you did not really help the situation ;-) . I am not happy about this either, I spent 18 hours at the end of last week trying to make sure the park was going to last another 2 weekends... but at least we had a long season with some good snow.