Where's the snow?

Sara43

Stop paying them to begin with.

thats a good way to end up in the slammer. Also, I prefer my roads without potholes, and the firemen to come if my shit's burning down. [emoji602]

Back on topic-ish, weather is looking somewhat more promising than previously forecast. Hopefully montage can take advantage so all the Dunder miflin paper pushes can get their pocono shuffle on.

thats a good way to end up in the slammer. Also, I prefer my roads without potholes, and the firemen to come if my shit's burning down. [emoji602]

Back on topic-ish, weather is looking somewhat more promising than previously forecast. Hopefully montage can take advantage so all the Dunder miflin paper pushes can get their pocono shuffle on.

This is pure gold!!!

Local grocery store about 5 miles from my office...  They just posted the winners photos. I am the asshole who didn't smile (Not a fan of selfies, never had an instagram and had to get the app)

Nice #selfie.

I think that #SaraTheSnowMaker will be #happy with the #picoftheday that #Montage posted on their #facebook page!

10461384_10152861294396138_5708219845445

• Like 2

Well..guns are going and will be on every opportunity.  I was at the mountain for the 30th Anniversary Party the other night, very little on the ground and after the rain over the weekend I'm sure they lost even that, however I was on the mountain yesterday morning and snapped a pic of the guns in the base area by the Lazy river section....they turned the guns on around midnight after the temps dropped and kept them on until around 10 or so...they put A LOT down in just a few short hours and I'm sure last night as well.

https://www.facebook.com/MontageMtn/photos/pcb.10152866131446138/10152866131011138/?type=1&theater  My pic on their page.

So..as always, there will be a Montage Mountain & another Ski season in their books I'm sure.

Looks like they've been busting their asses.. Regardless.  Camelback and Blue have been great.  I don't understand the holdup though.  I have friends who bought snow tubing tickets to a "Snowtubing with Santa" right before christmas, I was up the other day to get my pass photo taken and it looks like they haven't touched tubing.  I saw the "Upcoming events" and it looks like they've changed it to "Breakfast with santa" 

I wonder how many people bought tickets and how much money they'll be loosing by their mistake of not blowing that first chance they had.. Like I'm sure they're going 100% now, But every bit would have counted.  Definitely going with Camelback next year, I don't care how much farther the drive, I'm not sticking around to watch this resort emplode from the horrid infrastructure.  Some resorts like Boulder can open in like 3 days, Camelback has like what? 20 trails open??? Montage takes a month and they'll be lucky to get 4-5 trails open tops?!?!  I don't care what you guys say, the choices being made aren't in the best interests for the skiers and snowboarders, they're for the people who want to get drunk.  Granted, if that's all they want to do, they might as well turn the resort into a wedding venue and plant some pretty grass over those trails.  Fill in that damn waterpark while they're at it.  That big yellow and blue thing is freaking ugly!

• Like 1

"I saw the "Upcoming events" and it looks like they've changed it to "Breakfast with santa"   "

- Santa Claus isnt real.  I hope that doesnt as a big suprise to you.  Most likely the people coming to see Santa (again, not real) dont care if he is Tubing or sitting in a chair in the corner of the lodge.  

"Definitely going with Camelback next year"

I am sure this will be a huge financial burden to Montage.  i bet it just makes them sick to their stomachs.  As far as going to Camelback,  I have heard its not crowded there whatsoever.  especially on holiday weekends.  But the forum here doesnt see many members there, so i am looking forward to more of your posts over on the Camelback portion of the site.  

"Some resorts like Boulder can open in like 3 days"

Correct.  they take every portable snowmaking machine they have as well as the fixed snowguns over on that trail, and blast that one little trail for three days to open up a terrain park on what has commonly been referred to as having the vertical equivalent of a tilted table top.  But yes, they do get "open" in three days.  

"Camelback has like what? 20 trails open???"

17 trails.  Pay attention.  

" I don't care what you guys say, the choices being made aren't in the best interests for the skiers and snowboarders"

It would be really great to think that every mountain makes choices based on what is best for the skiers and snowboarders, (dont forget the tubers, i am sure you feel bad for them too) but the reality of the situation is they are a business.  They need to make decisions based on making a profit and trying to keep people like you happy.   We all know they are working on a tight budget based on the fact this is year 2.  

• Like 2