Winter Storm Juno

toast21602

Well, the storm is coming across PA as I type this. Should be long and slow with a big blast at the end, just like a nice bang out. 10-14" predicted for Blue Mountain and eastern PA. any slight shift could give us 14-24" or 2-4". This, on top of the 7" that we just got should make things interesting...

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

drifting was rough already this morning. I wont be up probably until wednesday. unless there is racing tonight...

Gonna be serious drifts. I personally hate coastal storms with sharp cut offs in precipitation from east to west. My car is gonna be so buried at Newark.

oh crap i forgot about that. that parking lot is going to be a mess. never thought about that...

Then more snow Thursday and Thursday night and bitterly cold. Warmer here in Jackson hole. I just wore my flip flops to get breakfast.

drifting was rough already this morning. I wont be up probably until wednesday. unless there is racing tonight...

oh crap i forgot about that. that parking lot is going to be a mess. never thought about that...

Call in sick...why not tonight or tomorrow night???

Somebody has to take GoPro footage.

At least toast can now use his skinning gear.

if this storm performs well, ill thank Johnny Law.  if its a bust, ill blame johnny law

hahaha if I had that kind of control we'd be under about 8ft come Nov 1.

Shit is getting mad testy in the weather nerd world, models are all over the fucking place and noobs hug models so they are getting way bent out of shape over 6z GFS runs going way east, GFS has no fucking clue what's going on, look at the radar the mofo is here.

so are we still going with the forecast of getting pounded with snow tonight into tomorrow morning?

Depends on where you are. Dirty Jers, certainly, Philly is right on the line I mean literally it is the line from 6" to 14".

LV/Blue is 5-9" mostly tuesday from Midnight to noonish.

Caveats......ratio's could be much higher, models are going 10/1 12/1 but it's cold up high which could boost to 15-20/1. There is also the likely formation of a Norlun Trough which can really boost snowfall in a relatively small geographic area. No temp issues but the current show down is over track, GFS shows it going way way east, PA would end up with a couple of inches, NAM/EURO say otherwise, honestly all of the models are having alot of trouble with this storm but real actual observations point to higher snow totals.

Let's hope the magnitude of the storm doesn't match the media hysteria. It'll be 6 feet deep and Long Island gets swept out to sea. Went to the hardware store to pick up a shovel and the parking lot was jammed with idiots that couldn't wait for a car to pull out of a spot.