2/8/15...groundhog day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

Back from another day at Blue mountain the true mountain. Today was pretty similar to yesterday in terms of ski conditions with soft packed powder on most of the run and up challenge turning to crap almost immediately. Only difference was that TP4, Matt Edge and VTmark were in the house along with ZZSLope. Indiggio was back along with toast, atomic Jeff and Johnny law. Skied from 8-10am pretty much every run except lazy mile, Burma and Razors...snow was medium speed liftlines with medium length gapers were out in abundance as expected...combination Chinatown and Jersey shore general Tso's chicken with sausage and peppers. I don't think the low lodge waffle haus is open yet. I'm ready for another ski trip...

Fun parking lot action Nastar Glenn was parked in Kansas grilling with his kids he was at Greek peak yesterday...also we made a new friend with some goober bitching about the cold saying he thought it would be 50 degrees...it was 30-35 and yukking it up with Matt edge. He seems a little like my 321st favorite 80s song Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time...as he chugged a stone IPA and admired Johnny Laws beard. Good times. See all y'all later.

• Like 2

My first run was down razors. It had large ice spots on the headwall & the rest of it was lumpy, not bumps/moguls just oddly lumpy. Good snow everywhere else. Be careful in the glade by lazy, there are some exposed, pointy rocks throughout.  Nightmare bumps have improved, barney's was good & it is wide so there are a variety of line choices. Due to the skier/boarder cross race, the hill was divided in two which funneled everyone into a couple of trails at the bottom. The valley parking lot was packed full, but the lift lines did not reflect that. Stopped to talk to the PASERs on my way out of the parking lot and caused a minor traffic jam, whoops.

• Like 1

Ooh I was eyeing up a waffle this afternoon around 4pm, but the line was too long.

Need to get one before the end of the season.

I don't know how the quad lifties can put up with the aroma wafting past them all day long.

By the afternoon, the temps had risen a bit and made for some fun in the Main Street glade as the warmth softened the crust up enough so that it would pack instead of crack.

Nightmare bumps were far better than Barney's today as they seem to be spaced a bit farther.

I heard tell one of the other groomers set those.

All the bumpers are loving the 7-row set in Barney's now too.