2/22/15....gnar

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I left Whitehall at 6:45am and stopped at McDonalds for a sausage egg and steeze mcmuffin meal with hash brown. I arrived at the lower lot around 7:22 and it was around 25 degrees under cloudy sky's. In the house were MBike Mike, Atomic Jeff, Phillycore, west chester peeps, Roae, justo, toast, Matt edge, TP4, VTMark and his girlfriend and I'm sure some others. I slacked and got like fourth chair. First run razors was the best inch and a half of fresh on cord a person could ever wanna be. Nice medium density pow. Second run was first descent of the day of the marquee route under the six pack and it skied great. Next run I hooked up with Johnny Law and did Switchback which had alot of large swaths of untracked. Then we skied honey bee bowl a few times once with VTMark and once with MBike and also with Matt Edge. Was very fun 8 seconds of gnar in PA. Also skied Tbar line and under vista chair and sections under Main Street chair.

This was my third session at Blue in a little over 24 hours and conditions were top couple percent..maybe top ten. Crowds were light..I also followed VTMark on a woods run off of tuts lane that ended on lazy mile. Spent about an hour and a half in the parking lot then it was real warm approaching 40 degrees and the snow got almost spring like. Alot heavier. Skied four more runs including t bar line again a took an awkward fall in woods going to honey bee bowl my fifth time of day. Phillycore stood by patiently as I got out of my skis found a flat place got snow off underside of boots and back in. I was a little razzled so just took razors down to the bottom and peaced out around 110ish. In the words of Ice Cube today was a good day!!!

While I might suck, today definitely did not.

Snow was excellent, I like the sleepy hollow glade a lot. The T-bar line was filled with some nice pow....I blasted it out at the bottom and almost wiped out a boarder. I was looking to see which direction everyone went heard Vt Mark yell and was like oh shit....Luckily I was able to maneuver out of the way just clicking the end of his board.

I bailed out on the bowl not being sure I could avoid the rock on the 3' or so little drop in. First thought was a jump turn around it, but any attempt at a hop turn was going to result in clipping my tails on a sapling. I changed direction as an attempt at going in at a different angle but just wasn't sure it was the best move on tired legs and not knowing what really was lurking underneath the brush Not always the easiest thing to change or stop the phillycore freightliners direction in tight spots. Better to save it for another day than be looking for the runaway truck ramp.

So yeah pretty much I mind fucked myself than bitched out.....

My right knee is still bugging me a bit for some reason....kinda locked up on the ride home last night (nothing really new...it's done this a few times over the years)

Great skiing with everyone again today...

Edited by phillycore

I think it's bad etiquette to give out stashes online but I'm happy to show anybody I ski with.

It's awesome that there are legit stashes when there is enough snow....

That reminds me - not sure I posted this before or not, but last time I was at blue, there was a really fun section off to the right of Sidewinder...if you kind of say off the main snow blown and groomed part of the trail....kind of climbs up and winds you around the tree line then dumps you back out onto sidewinder below the second of third jump...

Might be a bike path int he summer because there seem to bee some permanent berms.

But there is also a huge hole right in the middle of the section....a very large pit....what the heck is that?  

yesterday was great.  one of the best days ive ever ridden at blue.  got yelled at by the race team as well

Those race coaches probably don't have any voice left for all the yelling they did at people...SMH shaking my Herman..must suck setting up gates while everybody is enjoying fresh snow.

Every mountain has legit stashes when there's enough snow.

It's awesome that there are legit stashes when there is enough snow....

That reminds me - not sure I posted this before or not, but last time I was at blue, there was a really fun section off to the right of Sidewinder...if you kind of say off the main snow blown and groomed part of the trail....kind of climbs up and winds you around the tree line then dumps you back out onto sidewinder below the second of third jump...

Might be a bike path int he summer because there seem to bee some permanent berms.

But there is also a huge hole right in the middle of the section....a very large pit....what the heck is that?

No idea there are holes in the woods...you remember the movie the Goonies?? There's a whole nother world underground that's where the fraggles live. Some of the best snow we skied was under the vista chair and one spot is definitely a hole and also a large concrete cinderblock to watch for. After yesterday afternoons warm temperatures and the current deep freeze its back to firm snow again perfect for the Monday night race team.

The hole isn't in the woods - it's on the edge of it.  At the entrance of sidewinder, stay right, right of the snow guns.  You end up on a little hill on the edge of the woods with some berms, and this giant hole.  Very strange.

But that day, there was some fresh snow and it was a fun little line.  Just curious what is is in the summer.

The hole isn't in the woods - it's on the edge of it.  At the entrance of sidewinder, stay right, right of the snow guns.  You end up on a little hill on the edge of the woods with some berms, and this giant hole.  Very strange.

Yeah did the big banked turns and saw the big circle and wondered the same.

I could post a Google Map, but I'd be killed...

Guess you're not old enough to know Little Gap.

It was around when I was a kid, but we never went and I can't find an image of an old trail map....downloading google earth now....

Hm.  Found something.  Seems like an unusual route for a t-bar though....