2015/2016 new gear thread

Justo8484

Wow. Bunch of adults on here. Houses, cars, kids.

I just increased my income by roughly 18k a year by starting my own business. Feels real good

Woahhhhh no kids for me anytime soon haha. Congrats on the business though! My dad just started one of his own. It's not easy that's for damn sure

Glad to hear its a 6MT.  I had a Mazdaspeed3 and torque-steer was a bitch.  I assume with your curb weight and FWD you will have similar issues.

Number is probably closer to 180 to the wheels but its a great platform to build off of. The warranty will be voided in about 10 days when I get it tuned

Not true ... but sure to look at the "The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act."  It is the dealerships burden to prove that any modifications to your car are the sole cause of them denying your warranty.  Also, if you get a tune, you should have the ability to reflash back to factory when/if you have to take it in for any warranty work. 

Glad to hear its a 6MT. I had a Mazdaspeed3 and torque-steer was a bitch. I assume with your curb weight and FWD you will have similar issues.

Not true ... but sure to look at the "The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act." It is the dealerships burden to prove that any modifications to your car are the sole cause of them denying your warranty. Also, if you get a tune, you should have the ability to reflash back to factory when/if you have to take it in for any warranty work.

I have a 2002 Svt Focus as well and that thing has the most ridiculous torque steer ever.

I have a 2002 Svt Focus as well and that thing has the most ridiculous torque steer ever.

I'm surprised to hear you say that.  I had a 2004 Ford Focus SVT and it's was 170HP and about 140 ft/lb tq.  You can't compare the torque steer of that car to one that's lighter and has 60 more ft/lb (in your case with the ST) and 140 more ft/lb (in my case with the Mazdaspeed3).

What blows my mind is the new Civic Type R is going to be 300hp/300tq all to the front wheels.  They talk about some new electronic control to keep tq steer at bay, but I assume that will make the car feel anemic, kind of like the new electric assist steering that they are using on some cars.

• 3 weeks later...