early seaon edits

VTmark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Insane deep light and dry Montana powder and this guy is so sickbird...2:27 in features a crazy cliff drop. He hits smoother than Root skiing down lazy mile!!!

http://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/ben-goertzen-hits-a-massive-air-in-his-15-edit

TP4 back in 1996 me and my friend Nate were at camelback during a 18" storm. It was early season and only a few routes were open so naturally we skied some closed runs and enjoyed the freshies. One run we did I believe the one skiers right of Marjies we got to the bottom and yellow jacket rangers with binoculars intercepted us and clipped our tickets and got our names and we had to watch a safety video. Now it was prob like 1pm and they said guys the next video is at 130pm so we had to wait around. We watched video in lounge area of ski patrol room then were issued new tickets and then skied a few more hours.

If it had happened now I would have let them chase me into the parking lot like the patrollers did to me and Root in 2009 at Blue.

• Like 1

In 2000 I was skiing Sugarbush early season. I had a Stowe pass but sugarbush opened earlier so I bought a day pass. Near the end of the day I decided to poach upper organgrinder which had snowmaking whales on it. Where Organgrinder merges with downspout I was greeted by several patrollers and told I was being kicked out but the catch was there was downloading taking place. So had to ski back to heavens gate triple then ride lift with patrollers and then ski down upper jester maybe 700 vert to the top of the sugar bravo chair. I skied upper jester like I was in a Chinese downhill with the prize of a golden ticket at the bottom. Back then I skied on 198 length el Caminos and they were fast.

Otherwise all my other ski patrol interactions only resulted in warnings. I don't think a Jackson hole trip passes where I'm not warned for fast skiing at least once.