New Trail on far side of Paradise

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Have fun waiting and wishing for brush clearing in the trees at blue while I'm busy doing top to bottom laps through the trees at Montage in fresh untouched stuff 8 days after a storm.

This is Pa man...seriously...8 days after a storm it's freaking 65 degrees and sunny.

• Like 2

This is Pa man...seriously...8 days after a storm it's freaking 65 degrees and sunny.

Ok, that's true.

So, we'll dome the new side country.

To review:

-  Thin the woods

-  Add a traverse at top and bottom

-  Add snow guns (if the trees die, we have a soft for a half pipe next season)

-  Lights

-  Inflatable dome like that golf place in the pokes.

Blue will have the ONLY all weather, Power Powder enhanced, hike-to side country with night skiing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I don't see why a new fairly short trail is a multi year project to complete. It's not like building condos or a water park. You chop down the trees, remove the stumps, and run hoses for snow guns.

Heck they could just thin out the underbrush and make it a glade. It would be cheaper and make for greater variety.

• Like 1

I don't see why a new fairly short trail is a multi year project to complete. It's not like building condos or a water park. You chop down the trees, remove the stumps, and run hoses for snow guns.

Heck they could just thin out the underbrush and make it a glade. It would be cheaper and make for greater variety.

All that costs a couple million dollars plus lights. Every trail blue has ever added has taken 3-5 years to open. It's not just removing the stumps everything has to be regraded. A couple dozen new snow guns costs a good amount of money and the new run isn't short I bet it's 3,000 feet long. Do you know of any other east coast ski areas that have cut new terrain in the last decade??? Glades work out great in areas that average 40 inches of snowfall a year.

• Like 2

that's what makes it a quad diamond! the only one in the world!

i always knew Blue was unique, but that will really set them apart.  

Actually, if they just kind of leave it as is, taking a cooler and some folding chairs up there would make for a wonderful afternoon.  

• Like 1

All that costs a couple million dollars plus lights. Every trail blue has ever added has taken 3-5 years to open. It's not just removing the stumps everything has to be regraded. A couple dozen new snow guns costs a good amount of money and the new run isn't short I bet it's 3,000 feet long. Do you know of any other east coast ski areas that have cut new terrain in the last decade??? Glades work out great in areas that average 40 inches of snowfall a year.

Belleayre

Windham

Hunter added some glades

Dreamcatcher. Actually a glade as well (even better).

Also Gore added the Hudson trail and several glades.

And Whiteface added Lookout Mountain

So quite a bit has happened just north of the pokes.

And Sugarloaf had a huge expansion of largely glades. Not that I have been there.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski