The K will be first!!!

VTmark

Belleayre now projecting Dec. 4

Unless BB surprises, closest skiing this holiday weekend will be Gore or Jiminy. And once you are going that far, I would think it made more sense to drive to K for the longer runs.

Looks like the start to my Skison will be Dec 5 at Killington

Belleayre now projecting Dec. 4

Unless BB surprises, closest skiing this holiday weekend will be Gore or Jiminy. And once you are going that far, I would think it made more sense to drive to K for the longer runs.

Looks like the start to my Skison will be Dec 5 at Killington

Nice be sure to post a report!!!!

im dying to ski and everything, but the whole go 6-7 hrs for limited terrain doesnt make sense for me.

I used to always go to VT early season but I got tired of it. I have really enjoyed going to Colorado the last two years in April with no crowds, cheap lodging and car rental and near 100% of terrain open.

I'm not really dying to ski, I'm looking forward to it. I knew weeks ago based on the long range models that it would probably be till near XMAS for blue to open so just being a realist. Last season was so freaking long and that's not the norm.

I used to always go to VT early season but I got tired of it. I have really enjoyed going to Colorado the last two years in April with no crowds, cheap lodging and car rental and near 100% of terrain open.

I'm not really dying to ski, I'm looking forward to it. I knew weeks ago based on the long range models that it would probably be till near XMAS for blue to open so just being a realist. Last season was so freaking long and that's not the norm.

I wouldn't say you went "early season". You went opening day "early" in the "season". This is a late start to "early season" in VT. On an average year most of the major players would have been open this past weekend. Most places are in expansion mode by now, not opening mode.

I think it was less that you got tired of it, and more that the circumstances (uploading/downloading) were different than what you would like for that length trip that early with that type of crowd. It wasn't worth it to you at that point.

Got 2 early season BOGOs for K so my buddy and I will ski 2 days for price of one. Booked a room at Inn at Long Trail. I suspect by that weekend K will have as much to offer as a fully open Blue. If after Sat we feel we want something else we may hit a different place on Sunday.

Also leaving from work in Jersey City Friday which cuts the drive considerably. I can be at the Inn only about 3 hours later than I would get home from work.

Got 2 early season BOGOs for K so my buddy and I will ski 2 days for price of one. Booked a room at Inn at Long Trail. I suspect by that weekend K will have as much to offer as a fully open Blue. If after Sat we feel we want something else we may hit a different place on Sunday.

Also leaving from work in Jersey City Friday which cuts the drive considerably. I can be at the Inn only about 3 hours later than I would get home from work.

Make sure to go down to the tavern at the Inn and listen to some of the Irish/Celtic music. There was some good stuff playing last year.

I think you'll want to head South for better terrain on Sunday unless it dumps. Snowmaking up North isn't as good as it is down South. Stowe is on par, but you won't want to part with the caysh.

• Like 1

They closed one of the learning slopes at the base. They are making snow on 3 new trails (upper chute, upper superstar and superstar headwall). Should be nice this weekend with each night cold enough for them to make snow and each day warm enough that they have to turn off the guns while we ski. Psyched to have picked up my new prescription sunglasses today as it will not be goggles weather.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

its always goggle weather except for gaper day.

pretty much. I rode boulder without goggles last weekend, but that was pretty much the equivalent of going to a skate park, and it was misting/drizzling all day so goggles would have just gotten wet and foggy. No way I could actually ski at reasonable speed without goggles unless it's like 50°+ outside.

That said, leaving for VT at 5am tomorrow. Time to pack and get some sleep!

• Like 2