Can Elk's website be anymore amateurish?

Old Geezer

Lots of the links do not work. In a full browser or from a smart phone.

Yes, they have the GPS coordinates of something, ... the parking lot(?) but try clicking through to the weather forecast, or god forbid, a conditions report.

Whatever Elk is currently doing to open, making snow, setting up beach chairs in the 60-degree weather, or something in between, you certainly cannot find out from their website.

They do have the prominent feature to "sign up for e-news", however some website that cheesy and amateurishly thrown together is not getting my emall address.

There's one way to look at this. Elk is terribly managed and yet amazingly managed. They operate well enough to make money despite minimal upgrades and hardly ever having a line. They somehow get people to buy a ridiculously overpriced pass. They don't open early or close late. They have the worst website in Pennsylvania. Despite all this, they still succeed.

As an Elk fanboy, I find their lack of customer appreciation and up to date marketing appalling, but why fix what's not broken?

I just opened and force-refreshed their website.  And I saw, for all of a second or two, a picture of a grooming machine maybe doing grooming. I say maybe because the pic appeared and them immediately disappeared.  Can that website get anymore unusable and unfriendly? Someone is trying very hard to out do themselves.

The conditions page shows 03/30/2015. Exactly the opposite of what people want to see when deciding if they should drive to VT or maybe stay in PA for the upcoming holidays.  It would bring me great joy this festive holiday season to kick in the rear end the people responsible for that website.

This is my 10th season working at elk. The sad part is they did update their website. It was even worse a year or two ago.

I know for a fact they are not open before Saturday 12/26. That day is the absolute earliest although if I had to guess I would say Tuesday 12/29 because for some reason elk doesn't do weekend openings.