1/9/16...first weekend day of the season.

At the Last Run Lounge here enjoying a Limbo IPA. Just noticed they have shrimp and "crap" dip. Gonna try. I'll report back later.dc734825d40234a878811c131f1cd4f9.jpg

I like the Limbo lPA, had my first few last nite at the Village Tavern. They put an Elk burger on the menu which kix ass. I like elk and got the name and number of the farm that raises elk locally in Fairfax. Next time I come up I'm going to stock up on some elk meat.

Left my house at 10am, filled up the tank and hit the road...

Made a DelCo crime and stopped at sheetz on MacArthur Rd.... For a drink and grabbed a burrito... Wasn't healthy, wasn't disappointed.... Arrived at the lot....booted up and said fuck it to the jacket. T-shirt, and vest it was 54 according to the car.

post-1572-14524584553164_thumb.jpg

Was on the lift by noon....

post-1572-14524584951915_thumb.jpg

Foggy at the top....mandatory pics of course

Snow wasn't bad....typical for a wet spring like day.... Ran lazy to the bottom and across. Legs are sore, I'm not sure what I'm doing but I'm definitely fighting my skis instead of just skiing them. My Inside groin muscles are more sore than quads....like if you went on a wave runner and squeezed against the cockpit for hours... Anyway...got to the bottom and patrol was waiting.. They Shut down the lifts bc of incoming thunderstorms....

Chatted in the lot with a few people waiting it out than it started down pouring for like 10 mins and cleared up.

We saw the lifts start back up and it started to clear up...sun came out

Next thing we know is employees are walking out and we hear that they closed for the rest of the day.

Unboot...hit the road for the trip home and get on the turnpike...

post-1572-14524590237235_thumb.jpg

Couple Miles in and I'm dead stopped....

Accident....

Get past the accident and everyone slows down again....

Right lane closed.....boulders fell onto the road from the embankment and state farm truck cleaning up debris.... Get moving again....

post-1572-14524592366853_thumb.jpg

Bam....everyone starts slowing down again...but at least we were moving....40mph felt fast at this point.

Dodge caravan smacked the guard rail....

Finally got moving and made it home....

Definitely wasn't a very productive day....better ones to come.

Do I honestly count this as day 5? Seriously...DaFuq Blue....

Left my house at 10am, filled up the tank and hit the road...

Made a DelCo crime and stopped at sheetz on MacArthur Rd.... For a drink and grabbed a burrito... Wasn't healthy, wasn't disappointed.... Arrived at the lot....booted up and said fuck it to the jacket. T-shirt, and vest it was 54 according to the car.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458455.006202.jpg

Was on the lift by noon....

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458494.893036.jpg

Foggy at the top....mandatory pics of course

Snow wasn't bad....typical for a wet spring like day.... Ran lazy to the bottom and across. Legs are sore, I'm not sure what I'm doing but I'm definitely fighting my skis instead of just skiing them. My Inside groin muscles are more sore than quads....like if you went on a wave runner and squeezed against the cockpit for hours... Anyway...got to the bottom and patrol was waiting.. They Shut down the lifts bc of incoming thunderstorms....

Chatted in the lot with a few people waiting it out than it started down pouring for like 10 mins and cleared up.

We saw the lifts start back up and it started to clear up...sun came out

Next thing we know is employees are walking out and we hear that they closed for the rest of the day.

Unboot...hit the road for the trip home and get on the turnpike...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452459023.365490.jpg

Couple Miles in and I'm dead stopped....

Accident....

Get past the accident and everyone slows down again....

Right lane closed.....boulders fell onto the road from the embankment and state farm truck cleaning up debris.... Get moving again....

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452459236.328231.jpg

Bam....everyone starts slowing down again...but at least we were moving....40mph felt fast at this point.

Dodge caravan smacked the guard rail....

Finally got moving and made it home....

Definitely wasn't a very productive day....better ones to come.

Do I honestly count this as day 5? Seriously...DaFuq Blue....

Yeah you clicked into your binders and skied it counts as a day. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Shitty call on Blue's part. I'm sitting here in my living room, looking out the window watching the orange sunset over Blue Mt in the distance. Would be a great evening of skiing had they stayed open. SMH

Yeah,   got kicked down the mountain just about 12:30 cause of Thunder storms and lighning.  Got about 10 runs in prior to leaving, most of the day was a washout.  Snow was getting pretty thin especially around burma.  Burma had some legit lakes in the middle, where it felt more like surfing than snowboarding. Lets hope Weatherman is right and temps drop so they can fill back up with snow