1/9/16...first weekend day of the season.

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 725am and the temperature was in the mid 30s under fog and mist. Phillycore was in the house and in the coming minutes Toast, Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, JFBB-Dan, NMSki, Ryan, PARidge and many others arrived. We waited for about 15 minutes at the six pack and then got scanned in first civilian six pack of the season and first tuts lane. I mostly skied Lazy Mile to the falls early it was really smooth it degraded a little but never got terrible below the falls was some serious whoop Dee doos. Upper Main Street was nice cord early and got a little rough lower was rough sort of crud.

Justo, Rose, Ty, the real KT, MBike Mike and others joined and at one point we were rolling 13 deep. Lazy mile became crazy mile although there were never any lifelines but limited terrain and a lot of race kids. If it's to nuts I just give up in the sharp corner and wiggle my way through. Don't need to always be a hero and thread the needle. Parking lot beers were good hung out in the lot slightly longer than I skied which has happened at least two time before.

Tomorrow's weather looks ominous early I might head up a little later I'll see. It was damp today with fog and mist but don't know it I wanna ski in heavy rains. I'll have to keep the radar in check. High tomorrow 56 in the A low 25 tomorrow night will be slick for race training Monday.

Days like today really make me want to get lasik..... I'm not sure how some of you guys with glasses do it...serious props there, but I just can't deal with not being able to see. Great seeing everyone today....Definitely not the best day for me but I struggled through it and always glad I got out there. I'm hoping to get back up Wednesday night as I can't ski next weekend.... Better days to come....

Days like today really make me want to get lasik..... I'm not sure how some of you guys with glasses do it...serious props there, but I just can't deal with not being able to see. Great seeing everyone today....Definitely not the best day for me but I struggled through it and always glad I got out there. I'm hoping to get back up Wednesday night as I can't ski next weekend.... Better days to come....

get a ski-gee  they were my lifeline today.  I picked mine up at the loft.   not sure if blue carries them.  they fit on your thumb   and you wipe your goggles with it, like a wiper blade wont scratch goggles

greens-2009-ski-gee.jpg

• Like 2

See you Wednesday night
  • Like 1

How was the skiing this evening?

Honestly, it was great. Hero snow. Split time skiing Barneys and carving lazy. Both falls and lower main had natural bumps by the time I arrived around 6. Little foggy and soggy up top. Great to be able to lap the sixer with maybe 2 other people on the mountain all night. Woulda been a great night if not for the dip.

Yesterday I left work at 516 and got to valley lot at 706, which included a McDonald's stop. Conditions were way better than I expected...mashed potatoes and not too bumpy. First 4 runs were lazy mile as each run I came to love my new board more and more. Lift lines were non existent at the quad. However, Main Street double was somewhat crowded. Main Street wasn't nearly as bumpy as I assumed it would be. Runs of the day were lazy, main street, and Burma in that order. When they closed at 945 I heard people complaining it wasn't 10 yet. I wanted to say "consider yourselves lucky, I assumed they would close at 930, that last 15 minutes we got was bonus time." It was a mist in the air most of the night and very foggy. My new board was great and I can't wait to use it today when I head up

Still raining up here now. Hoping it clears in 30 or so. Teams finally went out a few minutes ago