1/12...night moves.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from my first night session of the season. The drive up was uneventful until Lehigh township where shit got rowdy. Snow squalls dropped a half inch in 10 minutes making for whiteout conditions and cars were going 15mph. Got to the lower lot at 656 and Ryan and GSSucks were there and atomic Jeff pulled in a minute later. Temperatures were in the mid 20s. Lazy mile had good chalky snow and not much ice but pretty crowded. Main Street was alright some ruts from the racers and sticky snow on shuttle and home stretch. Johnny law and the Dude4bides joined us after a few runs and we had a full six pack.

Skied some more runs off the poconos coldest six pack then the winds really picked up. Was the first winter like day for me this season with stiff boots when it was time for beer thirty. I had to do the T Bow Boys 2 Men on bended knee to get my boots off. Stopped at sheetz on the way home for a snack the lot was unplowed and I did a little Tokyo drift. Back here in the A all the side streets are icy AF. Looks like tomorrow I'll take off skiing to rest up for karaoke and be up again Thursday evening. Was nice to be out and good seeing the guns lit up on paradise and razors. JADIP

• Like 1

People around here can't drive for shit.

Why do those that insist on driving 20mph when the road is just wet NOT pull over when you're tailing them and clearly want to pass??

It's fine if you don't want to drive fast, but be courteous, pull to the side, and let those that want to drive faster, pass.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 6

There was a jumper last night on the 6er. Smoking hot blonde snowboarder, probably late teens/early 20's. Jumped somewhere between 40-60 yards beyond where you load up so it was at least a 20-30ft drop. She was fine. Clearly inebriated, but fine.

There was a jumper last night on the 6er. Smoking hot blonde snowboarder, probably late teens/early 20's. Jumped somewhere between 40-60 yards beyond where you load up so it was at least a 20-30ft drop. She was fine. Clearly inebriated, but fine.

Wow that's crazy and good to know other guys my age find barely legal girls hot!!!

Was it just me or was it like 99% boarders to skiers last night?

Yup usually the case for night skiing and early season. Lazy mile was insane with boarders

I used to fill 8 2.5 gallon chlorine containers with water and put them directly over the rear wheels on a 2WD ranger with BFG All terrain tires and it worked great.

Water?  good weight i guess but that's the first I ever heard that.  I'd rather use something you can dump under the tires for traction.  Still like the idea an old Mainer gave me years ago about keeping two wasted snowmobile treads in the back in case you get stuck to shove under the tires.  I guess the idea is to increase traction so you don't get stuck in the first place but still, back up emergency tracks back there always sounded like a good idea to me.