Thursday AM Roll Call....1/14/16

moe ghoul

Wednesday TR:

Picked up VTmark and got onto the slopes at 245. Lazy was in nice condition, so was main street for the most part. I say that cause main street was run of the day up until about 100 yards before chute, it then went into death cookies before getting to the piles on lower main street. however, main street without bumps is awesome and i can really pick up speed without them. It felt colder during the day wednesday then at night on monday. quad was actually open with literally nobody on it. we rode it once to check out snowmaking...razors headwall needs work but the other 75% of the trail has huge piles. Our last run up they stopped making snow on paradise and started the groomer on it, while the guns on Challenge started up. Im assuming after challenge they will move to night weaver, then sidewinder, then switchback. as we were getting ready to leave atomic jeff showed up. at 545 we left and hit up Pennsylvania's only white castle on the way home.

you left out pissing off the race team bashing their gates as they where setting them up.

Solid AM sesh, 23' in the lower lot, a mix of sun/clouds and a few natural flakes were falling here and there. Did 11 laps before beer and food break, 5 more after. No real line to speak of, pretty much slide through the gate and into the chair. Paradise was boring but well groomed with some smaller rubbly bits in the turns. Peaked over the edge at Nightweaver to determine poachability for last run, not ripe yet for picking. I noticed a few things up there:

Like: the 6 pack lift line appearance seems cleaner. fewer widowmakers, no trash, nice neat slash piles to the right. It even looked like the glades to the right got some TLC. Are they making an effort to make that terrain more available in the future or am I tripping?

Like: General appearance of the base lodge area and amenities make it feel more like a resort and less like a locker room.

Dislike: $70 for a weekday day ticket with a forced $15 food voucher.

Dislike: No $1 or less items to round off your $15 food voucher, trying to get you to cough up more money in excess of the 15.

Dislike: Chicago style hot dogs that looked like dog dix in a used condom. How about tossing them in a fryer and serving up splitters? That griddle is yooooge and there's plenty of room for Matilda to brown them up instead of boiled or steamed.

Like: Sweet little cashier trainee that got stumped when I asked her what can I buy to round me up to $15? So I told her to blow me a kiss, and she obliged.

post-2366-0-00589700-1452803178_thumb.jpg  The fastest, cushiest big ass bench ride in the Pokes

post-2366-0-16757500-1452803187_thumb.jpg Chicago style dog genitalia and some good beer for the obligatory food stoke pic. That was el fresco in the lot. Some call it tailgating.

Someday I'll come for the skiing and stay for the tubing.

post-2366-0-73386500-1452803194_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

No, only for skiing/ riding. Probably wouldn't get much if you could use for drinks....outrageously expensive, although they usually have some decent stuff on tap.

Think of it this way....you saved $25

Their BLTs were the best thing going. I think they were 6.25, bread was decent, your choice white or wheat, and they actually put enough bacon on it. Then with your season pass discount, was a pretty good deal. 

• Like 2