Weekend roll call 1/15-1/17...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

It's almost another weekend. Who's gonna be up at Blue mountain?? I'm planning on skiing tomorrow afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Was gonna go today after work but freaking tired and not feeling it. Ski everyone this weekend lets hope the rain ends before Saturday's opening.

ill be there sunday morning.  i was thinking about going up saturday night after work, but getting home at 1215 from blue just to leave my house at like 5 the next morning to go to blue seems a little rediculous, however it isnt out of the quesiton.  this will be the first time me and mark actually have to be on our shit this season as far as leaving on time to get to blue by 745 at the latest.

You can do it...will be the first time I get to ski with TP4 this season and second time with VTMark. Maybe atomic Jeff will wait for you boys to strap in.

What's the deal with the new trail over past paradise? Spicy? another greenie to ease traffic on Paradise?

It's not ready yet. No idea what the rating will be probably a blue. Blues ratings are wack anyway. Paradise is steeper and faster than lazy and is a green and the chute is more challenging than nightmare which is a double black.

Don't know if it was called Raceway for a while, but it was called Widow Maker all the way back in Little Gap days.

Going to ski Sunday and might do Blue, though without VIP access I am a bit reluctant to brave the holiday weekend crowds there.

If you can get there for opening shouldn't be too bad but anytime later and will be crowded.

Sunday will also be more crowded than Saturday due to the weather.

Yeah, the ratings are cute, I hadn't looked at a trail map in years, so I just checked it out. They should leave some trees up on the new trail for some wannabe glade skiing and make it all gnarly with a gate and a skull and crossbones. Triple diamond it!!

Yeah, the ratings are cute, I hadn't looked at a trail map in years, so I just checked it out. They should leave some trees up on the new trail for some wannabe glade skiing and make it all gnarly with a gate and a skull and crossbones. Triple diamond it!!

Doesn't smugglers notch have a triple diamond. Jackson hole doesn't even have that.

I was discussing the upcoming trail above paradise last night in the lot. The 4 of us all agreed that it appeared to be pretty steep and see us all coming in hot to Paradise...right at that point is where ski patrol will be waiting.

it's almost like they purposely built it as a speed trap for more revenue.

I was discussing the upcoming trail above paradise last night in the lot. The 4 of us all agreed that it appeared to be pretty steep and see us all coming in hot to Paradise...right at that point is where ski patrol will be waiting.

Same thought about final drop into paradise. They will have to put up a gate/net thingy otherwise people will come in pretty hot. Also, got legit trees skiers right for the storm-of-the-century

post-3245-14528863045859_thumb.jpg

Lotsa newbs today. Watch your backs!

• Like 1

They don't actually fine for fast skiing do they?

No but you might get put in the database. If you just get in a turkey tuck with poles pointed to the sky ski patrol will leave you alone regardless of speed.

Had to explain to the kids last weekend that the green trails are actually the most dangerous on the mountain due to the large number of out of control fools on them.

Blues usually have the most deaths cause low level skiers can attain high rates of speed in a hurry. True double diamond terrain isn't always that dangerous as well as tight woods as you are picking your way down turn by turn vs flying.