1/27/16 afternoon turns

VTmark

Arrived at 1:40 to a semi crowded lot, made it in the lift line around 1:50 but because of lines and a loft stoppage we didn't get on the 6er until 1:55 rode switchback, raceway to Burma, switchback, main st, lazy, challenge, razors, NW, paradise, switchback, come around, razors, main st. Razors and switchback where the run of the day. Decent conditions some ice on the upper head walls.

It's post MLK weekend, other than sprucing up bald spots and keeping the racing lanes open, they aren't gonna be blowing a ton of snow anymore. Management is looking at the calendar and is prolly resigned to an early close this season, like end of March if they are lucky. Mother Nature might provide another dump for the midatlantic and absent warm downpour rain, which is likely to happen between now and March, I don't see them burning a lot of cash on snowmaking.

Snow is melting some. Supposed to be cold tonight- in the teens. Hopefully everyone will  put a fresh coat of snow down.

I'm

Surprised ski areas are still blowing snow but I saw 50s and rain next week.

It's post MLK weekend, other than sprucing up bald spots and keeping the racing lanes open, they aren't gonna be blowing a ton of snow anymore. Management is looking at the calendar and is prolly resigned to an early close this season, like end of March if they are lucky. Mother Nature might provide another dump for the midatlantic and absent warm downpour rain, which is likely to happen between now and March, I don't see them burning a lot of cash on snowmaking.

Person on blues Facebook page said they are staying open late to make up for bad start. I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

Person on blues Facebook page said they are staying open late to make up for bad start. I will believe it when I see it.

Right! The moment income drops below whatever threshold, they're closing up shop regardless of how bad the start was.

They're not going to keep racking up expenses just for season pass holders.

• Like 1

I'm

Surprised ski areas are still blowing snow but I saw 50s and rain next week.

They'll close March 28th, and we'll get another 2 foot dump April 5.

• Like 2

That would be complete shit considering how this season started....

End of March is normal for here. Whatever that gives us two more months of skiing to enjoy. Then I'll go to Colorado in April and after that can sleep late again on weekends and make sure to turn phone off cause atomic Jeff and Nazareth Jay text absurdly early.

• Like 1