Anyone been to Seven Springs? How does it compare to BM?

Stripes

I want to try a new mountain and would like some firsthand opinions on how Seven Springs compares to Blue. Is it worth the 3+ hour drive? I typically snowboard Razors, Challenge and Lazy. No park for me, just like to go fast. Anything comparable or more challenging at SS?

I was there probably about 13 years ago, I was really young. My moms employer had a Christmas party there and anyone who wanted to go skiing got free lift tickets. Unfortunately, I never got to go skiing because we got stuck in an accident on the turnpike and got there too late. The mountain from what I recall isn't very big. It was almost like the size of Bear Creek. Blue was definitely bigger and probably had more challenging terrain. 

Personally, I don't think it is worth the drive. There is better terrain in the Poconos

How far is your drive to blue?

I haven't been for like 25 years, but I don't think it's anything better than blue.

If you are in reading, couldn't you be to Belleayre or Plattekill in under three?  Both are better than blue IMO.

Also, isn't there some place in central PA that claims lake effect snow, and the steepest trail in the east, or something like that?

I haven't been for like 25 years, but I don't think it's anything better than blue.

If you are in reading, couldn't you be to Belleayre or Plattekill in under three?  Both are better than blue IMO.

Also, isn't there some place in central PA that claims lake effect snow, and the steepest trail in the east, or something like that?

springs gets lake effect snow. the year I made it out there they have 300+ inches that year. unreal. You might be thinking of Blue Knob, though. Springs is smaller than Blue and further than NY mountains as well. It gets circus-like on the weekends like camelback. I wouldn't go there for a day trip.

Springs is more like 4 hrs, in 4hrs you could easy ski the cats and 5/530 you could maybe make bromley.

Plattekill, Bell, and even Hunter are generally better than springs.

Blue knob is about 3 and is interesting for PA, it's not much smaller than blue. Steeper and with legit glades but shall we say country....

No way bell and platt are under 3 hours from reading. More like 4 hours.