Colorado Trip 4/5-4/7...

On the way to/from burning man

Sorry I'm not a hippie. Have skied 7-8 runs so far. Taking another safety break in the woods then skiing to the bottom then taking lift to mid mountain lodge for lunch. Then ski some more. Here are some more pictures.

Top off Pali lift. post-512-0-78447300-1460047916_thumb.jpeg

In the woods near the bottom of Montezuma bowl. post-512-0-16339300-1460047955_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

right now i am researching the connowingo dam just south of PA border. they have only opened all 53 flood gates twice in history. in 2011 they had to open 43 and a town below the dam flooded. why would someone live in a town directly below a dam?

Port Deposit, right? That town floods all the dam time (pun intended.) Sometimes just from heavy rains and the river cresting, even without a major release from the dam. I lived in the county on the south side of the river for about 25 years.

• Like 1

If I was in Aspen this is where I'd be Apres skiing and ski down last run faded. Instead in the baller suite drinking labatt Blue was only like $10'for a 12 pack. Drank some high test dark beer at brewery the other night. Took like 40'minutes to drink a slow sipper and in the woods today was a slow ripper conditions were variable. Early groomers were pristine I was on one of the first chairs on the upper mountain and got montazuma early. Laid down some railroad tracks under the lift. Skied off piste a ltitle did. Long ass traverse to woods and a cat track. Single diamond terrain skied well pretty much nobody was skiing most of the double diamond terrain save for a few climbing a boot ladder below the east wall. Definitely untracked snow in some woods today only some of it fluffy and sparkly. I got a lot of runs in stopped counting after 10 despite slow lifts there was never much of a line. Only once the main high speed quad had a half corral line and I took the Pali lift with no wait.

The spine I grind yesterday under the lenawee lift is now chowder I witnessed many people skiing that..full on spring temperatures happened with temperatures approaching 45. Certain aspects got a little Corny. The parking lot had streams flowing through it. Keystone looked like spring conditions with about 50 degrees down there. I'll post some more pictures in a few

• Like 2

the only political side of dams ive looked into is the controversy of calling it "Hoover Dam" as opposed to "Boulder Dam"

Dams suck period. Cali salmon? Gone. Fuk you dams

Oh and army Corp of engineers? Fuk u too [emoji1]

Have a nice ski trip GSS!

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 1

April 8th 2016...day 3 of 6. Copper mountain.

Sorry all left my phone in my car so no photos from today. It was semi overcast today so pictures wouldn't be that good. I paid $20 to park by the base of the Super Bee chair and $79 for my ticket using the buddy pass Barb gave me. Temperature at 9am was around 30 degrees. I began with a few groomed Blue runs off the super bee lift which is about 2,000 feet of vert and a six pack. Groomed terrain was firm cord as it had gotten warm yesterday and off trail was not good..on the thick and crusty side. Made my way down to the center village and took American Flyer which is another long and fast lift. Then took the slow triple up to the ridge next. Snow conditions were variable and there were some not so good firm moguls...I made my way back to a herb route which let out above timberline lift.

Run of the day for me was Jacque Pique..which I skied about 3-4 times. Had flat and steeper sections and not many people so I could fly down it. Pretty fun run. There were a decent amount of people enjoying the BBQ at the bottom of the Timberline lift and people at the waffle shack near the top of timberline. I skied back down to the main base again and up the American Flyer again. At this time my legs were bothering me a little bit. Was covering terrain at a rate of 10,000 vertical feet an hour..only took one non high speed lift and only went in the woods for a safety break as the snow in the woods was bad. Last run took wide open greens and blues down the center of the resort then cut hard left all the way down to the super bee base. The snow never really got that soft..was more winterlike even though it was nearly 50 degrees at the base. I think the lack of direct sunshine and high clouds kept the snow winterlike longer. Looks like there could be some snow tonight in the mountains and I think I'm heading to Loveland.

• Like 4

Below chair 9 is spicy. The lady who's in the picture ate shit in the 7 foot wide area. post-512-0-33504800-1460227801_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-39813400-1460227833_thumb.jpeg pretty cool then a walk under a tunnel and back into skis and a glide back to lift 1.

Did some woods as well. post-512-0-71174200-1460227876_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-75613400-1460227893_thumb.jpeg

A few flakes in the air. The temperature didn't warm up much above freezing on the hill.

post-512-0-27146200-1460227905_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3