Laurel Mountain to Reopen

Ride Delaware ?

What sucks about you being connected is that youre doug.... The skier guy at bars that talks about hitting 16 year olds.

Like im gonna drop your name anywhere where money is involved lol

What are you talking about 16 year olds? Most of the ladies I hang with are mid to late 20s. I just try and have fun and enjoy life. I'm very professional at work. All my customers get white glove full service treatment. You know me from skiing with me years ago and from PASR. I'm like a frosted mini wheat. I have an adult side and a kid side. Serious side and fun side. Plus I'm a bit of a troll and savage as fuck and have no filter so sometimes get myself into trouble running my mouth at people.

I guess.

I got to ski with er body this year.

Been a minute

Boom which spelled backwards is something I have lol. Lots of new PASRs since I last skied with you in 2010

Shit you were just a young grasshopper in the glory days of PASR. I remember your mom was on here as ShadowMom and she went on here and post if anybody saw Daniel. I saw Stevo a few years ago at Blue but he's not up there much. I remember you hooking me and Zonked up with your employee discount at Blue circa 2007.

Well you stay in a hostel at killington and slopeside out west so not apples to apples. In Colorado and Jackson hole I pay $65-$80 a night for decent lodging. At Stowe fleabag motels are more than that.

Middle Vermont:

http://www.turnofriverlodge.com

MR valley:

http://hosteltevere.com

NEK (45 min from jay and 6 miles from Burke):

http://www.lyndonmotorlodge.com

I get K tickets and mad card. Jay does (or did, don't know with current financial mess) offered like $60 lift tickets if you show them your season pass to another hill.

That's said, yeah I do like slope side out west. (Peruvian at Alta is not so bad if you stay in bunkhouse).

I don't mind driving. Got satellite radio and heated seats .[emoji41] I only live 6 miles from work but put on 22-25k/year for fishing and skiing (and now surfing). I'm easily entertained, Vt puts a big smile on my face. I know it's lame but I may just do more Vt trips this year. 30 plus days out west and still no epic powder days. Been close, but no cigar. Getting tired of that

• Like 2

I feel your pain.  I feel like I've had some years where the snow just doesn't cooperate.  I've had 2" in 7 ski days at JH with extremely crusty conditions.  The last place you want to be when it doesn't snow and it's been warm.  

But, one run down Amphitheatre (yes, the intermediate cruiser) at Jackson Hole first thing in the AM after it's been groomed is my guilty pleasure.  One run down that is better than a week of skiing at Blue to me.  I have over 100 days out west in the last 12 years but the power day (> 6") percentage isn't great.  It's the nature of the beast.  It's another reason why I like longer trips (7+ days) opposed to shorter ones.  Greater chance of pow.  We had 9 days at JH last year, and it led to the best run of my life. 

I've had a 21" day in VT, but I'll take a 12" day out west any day.

12496190_10101008018854026_8894245241370

• Like 5

Didn't Heavenly receive 30" when you were there last year. You reported that conditions were awesome.

Day after, yes. Was awesome. Wind hold had the goods closed. But ski patrol told me where I can duck ropes and still be safe. Those guys were awesome. Never equaled the feb 2012 week after prez weekend storm at jay though. (Sierra cement)

You gotta also factor in I am not a level 3 whirlybird skier like you guys. That said, anyone who dropped the face chutes at jay tell me your heart was not pumping! I never did and hope to one day do it

Face chutes at Jay peak is not that crazy. Upper goat at Stowe when conditions are firm is way sketchier.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjJYzF_x-g

That's tukermans chute which is just to the left (skiers left) of the team house. The actual face chutes are directly below and slightly right (skiers right) of the tram house

I have done upper goat and Starr. Two challenging trails for sure! More ledge dropping than skiing [emoji15]

Edited by tarponhead

Whenever I was at Jay, the chutes have been sheets of ice, more for climbing than skiing...

I skied them in college back when there was like an 80" base. Was one of those 350" seasons. I've only skied Jay peak about five times. I always preferred the terrain better at Stowe and the fact that all the trees at Jay are on the trail map made them into rutted up mogul fields.

I skied them in college back when there was like an 80" base. Was one of those 350" seasons. I've only skied Jay peak about five times. I always preferred the terrain better at Stowe and the fact that all the trees at Jay are on the trail map made them into rutted up mogul fields.

It's rare nowadays that you're going to find any untracked woods. Tougher and tougher to find.

It's rare nowadays that you're going to find any untracked woods. Tougher and tougher to find.

What if you're first chair on a powder day? Years back I was maybe 6th chair on castle rock as I high tailed it from super bravo and waited like a half hour for castle rock to open and I had too to bottom on middle earth untracked. Almost everybody went left down castle rock run and there were two tracks ahead of me on middle earth and I passed those people near the top. Wow that was a sweet run. Most of my best pow days in Vermont were rider of the storm type days.