Ski options for day trips on Thanksgiving Weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Seems to me Belleayre has a reasonable shot at announcing a Friday opening.  Plenty cold up there right now, they have a fair amount of natural on the ground already, chance of snow thursday....showing rain friday though.

Think I'm switching my mind set to a Sunday season opener, with the hopes of Bell.  Not sure I want to drive three hours to hunter on Friday for one trail in the rain. 

it is more challenging to walk in ski boots than it is to ski BB.

I would say the same about blue except when it's mad sweet and low and the Asian invasion is out.

I have never found anything challenging at BB other than the park stuff, but it would still be fun to get on skis and slide again.

I wasn't serious when I asked that question.

• Like 1

Over Xmas, taking the kids beyond the Poconos for the first time, likely doing Jiminy on the 24th (never skied there) and Bromley on the 25th (skied there one day).

Looking at BB stats, both trails they are talking about opening are under 200' vertical.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

it is more challenging to walk in ski boots than it is to ski BB. 

That is the funniest thing i've heard in quite a while around here.  

Wow didn't realize that tannenbaum wasn't from the summit. How is it compared to freedom? Is there at least a head wall lol

Compared to Freedom?  a slight rise in elevation.  The upside to them blowing on Tannenbaum is hopefully they open with both.

Opening with Freedom = shitshow with features, 1 incredibly slow lift.

Opening with Freedom and Tannebaum = 2 lifts, 1/2 the shitshow.