Ski options for day trips on Thanksgiving Weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Got a shower above there? Leaky drain on the shower pan was my issue when I had the same problem. Had to cut a nice sized hole in the ceiling

Stop valve on the sink above.  water was trickling down the pipe.  Right now, it doesnt look like i have to cut any holes in my ceiling.  

Ok, i'm free this weekend.  where we skiing? Blue? BB?  Elk?  "skilz"?  "Daks"?

Skillz will be your best bet for something decently close...

That was kind of a joke.  with the radar looking like this for the past 2 days, it cant be good for anybody on the east coast.  

post-1753-0-01497300-1480516797_thumb.jpg

Looks like Catskills Sunday is the best bet.  Snowmaking times Friday night and Saturday night.  Give them two nights of snow making....hit it sunday maybe...

Winter starts next week.  Things look sooo much better next week than they do Fri/Sat.  

That was kind of a joke.  with the radar looking like this for the past 2 days, it cant be good for anybody on the east coast.  

attachicon.gifRadar.JPG

Winter starts next week.  Things look sooo much better next week than they do Fri/Sat.  

Yeah, but if you wanted to ski this weekend, I think Hunter is going to survive - assuming they can blow snow Friday night and Saturday night.  I'll make the drive if the kids want to ski.  Then maybe the following weekend Belleayre opens more than one trail, then the weekend after that, Blue?  

Yeah, but if you wanted to ski this weekend, I think Hunter is going to survive - assuming they can blow snow Friday night and Saturday night.  I'll make the drive if the kids want to ski.  Then maybe the following weekend Belleayre opens more than one trail, then the weekend after that, Blue?  

Clearly forecasts are just a guide, but looking at the forecast for Hunter, right now it looks like marginal temps with high humidity.  Early season, limited terrain, and a 6 hr drive just simply dont do that much for me.  Individual results may vary.  I had fun at BB last weekend, i drove 3 miles.  i probably wouldnt do that again either until they get Love, BB, something like that open if Blue isnt open yet.  

I'm thinking Blue around the 15th-20th hopefully.

Blue on the 17th, maybe earlier, but not later.  No doubt.  Take it to the bank.  Lower lot, too.  Wax up your backhoe.  

• Like 3

Clearly forecasts are just a guide, but looking at the forecast for Hunter, right now it looks like marginal temps with high humidity.  Early season, limited terrain, and a 6 hr drive just simply dont do that much for me.  Individual results may vary.  I had fun at BB last weekend, i drove 3 miles.  i probably wouldnt do that again either until they get Love, BB, something like that open if Blue isnt open yet.  

Blue on the 17th, maybe earlier, but not later.  No doubt.  Take it to the bank.  Lower lot, too.  Wax up your backhoe.  

Oh, I'm not saying it's a sane thing I'm planning to do!  

But only one daughter skied last weekend, so if the other wants to start the season.....I'll do it.  

and while it seems apparent conditions will be worse, there was some fun skiing to be had there last weekend - tall mountain, fast lift, no lines, corn snow, bumps....Don't get me wrong, it's logically way to far to drive for such limited terrain, but I seem to be able to delude myself into thinking it's a fine idea.

While I very much like more terrain open, the bottom line is that I can only ski one run at a time and if it is a good run with decent conditions and crowds and lift lines are bearable, then early season it beats the alternative of not skiing.

Big Boulder with sub 200 foot non steep runs I won't bother with again as that fails the decent tun test except as a way to give the kids a first day on skis for the year, which they have now gotten in.

Hunter Sunday is a good possibility for me. I will be flying solo so if others are making the trip let me know if anyone wants to carpool or meet up.

While I very much like more terrain open, the bottom line is that I can only ski one run at a time and if it is a good run with decent conditions and crowds and lift lines are bearable, then early season it beats the alternative of not skiing.

Big Boulder with sub 200 foot non steep runs I won't bother with again as that fails the decent tun test except as a way to give the kids a first day on skis for the year, which they have now gotten in.

Hunter Sunday is a good possibility for me. I will be flying solo so if others are making the trip let me know if anyone wants to carpool or meet up.

pm TTC6

• Like 1

Oh, I'm not saying it's a sane thing I'm planning to do!

But only one daughter skied last weekend, so if the other wants to start the season.....I'll do it.

and while it seems apparent conditions will be worse, there was some fun skiing to be had there last weekend - tall mountain, fast lift, no lines, corn snow, bumps....Don't get me wrong, it's logically way to far to drive for such limited terrain, but I seem to be able to delude myself into thinking it's a fine idea.

Just see my Bretton Woods report to confirm this mindset. Hour drive to Killington each way, or two and a quarter hours each way to Bretton Woods. I was skeptical, but I made the right decision and didn't think twice about it.

Just see my Bretton Woods report to confirm this mindset. Hour drive to Killington each way, or two and a quarter hours each way to Bretton Woods. I was skeptical, but I made the right decision and didn't think twice about it.

Way to go after it!!! Plus you get free lift tickets since you are a ski patroller!!!

• Like 1