BMMR 1-27

JFskiDan

Picture-2.png

It did not look anything like this. 

This was more like it - googles definition of "loose granular snow"

This is also created by machine grooming frozen or icy snowFrozen Granular (FG) - This is often a misunderstood surface condtion. Frozen granular is a hard surface of old snow formed by granules freezing together after a rain or warm temperatures.Frozen Granular will support a ski pole stuck into the surface.
It was pretty bad when i got there just after opening, and it was really bad when i left.  Piles of sugar with bumpy uneven grooming.  Saw Mbike from the lift a couple times out of sequence, Skied 2 or 3 runs with Toast and discussed the epic conditions at hand.  Switchback was run of the day, but by run of the day, i really mean "the least fucked up"

Razors Couloir was closed for racing.  6 pac not running.  I rode the lift with a woman who was here with the race team from roundtop, who said conditions were excellent compared to out there lately.  

• Like 1

At opening bell the conditions were hard pack, but as JFskiDan said, it turned to piles of sugar quickly, a fat ski day for sure. Paradise, Lazy and Burma were particularly sugary. The bumps on Barney's, Nightmare, and Dreamweaver (yes, Dreamweaver) were freshly seeded roughness, so very few people ventured into them and as such they did not improve much. Slim and Gary tried to work some of them but it was an overwhelming job so they decided to "let nature take it's course", they were skiable but it was challenging. According to a lift attendant the 6 was closed due to a "pond" on the top ramp, I skied by it a couple of times but did not see evidence of any ponding. My assessment of the ROTD was Widowmaker, Switchback a close second.

• Like 1

Yea conditions this morning were "variable" to say the least, worst on challenge, best on switchback. I think they were doing avy control on widowmaker so didn't make it over there. We have a young priest at our church and we talk about skiing / riding (he's a boarder) all the time and finally got together this morning. He was ripping right along! He even brought his go pro for a few shots!

88446b0351465e2021537cbc1e5cc676.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 3

Hahahaha. No rails for me. I like a little edge and sidewall on my skis. Someone was kind enough to give me both pair after they won them. They didn't like the Rossignols, too short. And just didn't really want the Armadas. I bought the bindings. Center mounted because that was recommended to me. Can you even mount twin tips further back?

• Like 1

Hahahaha. No rails for me. I like a little edge and sidewall on my skis. Someone was kind enough to give me both pair after they won them. They didn't like the Rossignols, too short. And just didn't really want the Armadas. I bought the bindings. Center mounted because that was recommended to me. Can you even mount twin tips further back?

Sure can be mounted anywhere