Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

16 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I will be all in black but with white poles. My skis have some fluorescent green at their tips. Say hi if you see me.

Ok, thanks. I'm not sure if we met last Friday, but I remember reading you were stuck on the lift with me for 28 minutes. I only know what Steeze, Atomic, Enjorales and Root look like.

I'll be at the front of the line around 8:00 AM waiting for first chair. All black, Smith IO-X goggles, red Elon skis, red boots, and a Gopro Hero+ on my helmet.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ok, thanks. I'm not sure if we met last Friday, but I remember reading you were stuck on the lift with me for 28 minutes. I only know what Steeze, Atomic, Enjorales and Root look like.

I'll be at the front of the line around 8:00 AM waiting for first chair. All black, Smith IO-X goggles, red Elon skis, red boots, and a Gopro Hero+ on my helmet.

You were on the lift with Ski2Live wow just wow none of us have met him except Shadows 

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Did you take any video opening day at Blue?  

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hmm, CB replied to my query a out conditions with a statement that they "vary" but offer a free return pass if unsatisfied with conditions in first hour. Maybe Blue after all. Or CB, followed by Blue, if CB sux and I use guarantee.

How bad could it be?  It's a beginner run. 

The only issue I see with Camelback is that the one run is gonna be silly crowded since it's essentially a cat track at the top and lots of lift capacity and it's opening day so thousands of passholders will be chomping at the bit to ski.  I was actually surprised how empty Blue was last weekend but a lot of people had holiday plans. 

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Honestly if I lived in central jersey and didn't have a season pass anywhere I'd go to hunter or windham this weekend drive up Saturday spend the night ski Sunday drive home. 

So would I if I didn't have a recording session scheduled for Sat eve and 9.5 hours of rehearsals scheduled for Sunday. Wherever I go I need to be in Lahaska by 7pm Sat. Which doesn't rule out Hunter but would make it a challenge and would leave me completely beat for the session if I did it.

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

So would I if I didn't have a recording session scheduled for Sat eve and 9.5 hours of rehearsals scheduled for Sunday. Wherever I go I need to be in Lahaska by 7pm Sat. Which doesn't rule out Hunter but would make it a challenge and would leave me completely beat for the session if I did it.

Way to get after it.  9.5 hours of rehearsals sounds intense.  You must have some big gigs coming up. 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The chick is pretty hot...would smash

And can sing real pretty and is really sweet. I was very lucky to meet her and have her accept my invitation to try out in June, though we are collaborators, not a couple. 

Also giving singing lessons to my daughters.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski