12-27...some guy parked in my pee

Shadows

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, I don't think I would ski in the rain even if I had a non-refundable lift ticket only good for that day. Rain is a major reason I switched from glasses to contacts because I could not see anything wearing glasses while biking in a rainstorm.

Wet dries. Soft snow is hella fun. Gore Tex. Don't knock it until you try it. If it's warm enough to rain it's warm enough to take your goggles off. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Wet dries. Soft snow is hella fun. Gore Tex. Don't knock it until you try it. If it's warm enough to rain it's warm enough to take your goggles off. 

Oh, I've tried it. Skied in conditions when it rained at the bottom and snowed at the top. Did it for a whole day, ended up soaking wet even though we tried to stay up top, and were riding either in covered chairs or gondolas all the time. Stuff didn't dry overnight, but luckily it was the last day of skiing, and it was anyway a choice between being on the mountain and sitting in a room, so kind of no-choice. If I had to ski the next day, I would cut the skiing in the rain very-very short because it's not worth it.

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Oh, I've tried it. Skied in conditions when it rained at the bottom and snowed at the top. Did it for a whole day, ended up soaking wet even though we tried to stay up top, and were riding either in covered chairs or gondolas all the time. Stuff didn't dry overnight, but luckily it was the last day of skiing, and it was anyway a choice between being on the mountain and sitting in a room, so kind of no-choice. If I had to ski the next day, I would cut the skiing in the rain very-very short because it's not worth it.

Or can find a drying machine...if it's very wet snow falling it's a soaked..had a day at Jackson hole with Johnny style that was like that. Next day gloves were still soaked and was wadding up toilet paper inside gloves to try and dry them out.  Crazy in almost 100 lifetime days skiing Jackson hole was the only soaker.  In 100 days skiing Blue mountain there's several days where I get wet..sometimes from snowguns. 

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, I don't think I would ski in the rain even if I had a non-refundable lift ticket only good for that day. Rain is a major reason I switched from glasses to contacts because I could not see anything wearing glasses while biking in a rainstorm.

You are skiing in Pa. You take what you get. Our mountains aren't big, but conditions vary daily. Keeps you on your toes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

skied at mount snow in the rain and my "gore tex" gloves soaked through, hands got cold, borrowed some medical gloves from the kitchen staff, put them on under the wet gloves, was ok the rest of the day. Now when I go on a ski trip I carry a pair of cotton gloves and a pair of dishwashing type gloves that fit over the cotton ones in case of rain. looks odd, works well.

• Like 2