Trip Report - 1/6/2018

saltyant

12 hours ago, SallyCat said:

That's a choice, not your destiny. It's easy to become a competent intermediate; It takes a shitload of work to get off that plateau and become a really good skier. I'm still stuck, and I work like hell. I'm at Blue right now giving my legs a break. Blame the conditions if you want, but look around at all the people styling that icy hardpack. I want to be like them.

I look forward to skiing with you someday; we can commiserate!

It IS your destiny, Salty!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

Im sure I'll meet you soon or next season if I get a season pass for Blue. I guess I will so I can ski better trails and have people to ski with every now and then, but I keep reading negative reports on Blues queue management. But at this time I tenatively plan to give Blue a try at least for one season.

Constantly skiing Cameltoe's slopes over and over will not make you a better skier.  It's like lifting the same weight and expecting to get bigger muscles.
You need to up your terrain difficulty to improve or forever be an low-level intermediate.

Get your ass in the bumps and take your skiing ability to the next level!

Remember, it's not that you can't ski bumps. It's that you can't ski and the bumps just prove it.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 9:51 PM, saltyant said:

One day last year I walked around the hotel just to see what's in there. It's very large and you can get to the waterpark

Went to Aquatopia with some friends recently on free passes. Wasn't as hideous as I thought, but it's kind of lame for an apres activity given that the water is fucking freezing at the swim-up bar and the hot tub is lukewarm at best. Anyone who can afford to stay at that place can afford to do much better.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Constantly skiing Cameltoe's slopes over and over will not make you a better skier.  It's like lifting the same weight and expecting to get bigger muscles.
You need to up your terrain difficulty to improve or forever be an low-level intermediate.

Remember, it's not that you can't ski bumps. It's that you can't ski and the bumps just prove it.

As soon as CB makes some moguls in late March then I'll advance from a low-low level intermediate to a mid-low level intermediate. Then I will be skiing.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Blue already has a ton of moguls and will have plenty more.

Do they have moguls on Dreamweaver or a blue run? 

I agree with everything you wrote. I realized that I get really bored after a while if I dont try new things. Trying new skis and skiing glades for the first time brought back some of the excitement I felt when I started skiing in the first place

So yeah, I definitely would like to keep advancing because it is a lot more fun than just stagnating and doing the same things over and over. 

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

I feel like Atomic Jeff probably knows the guy with pink pants. 

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Went to Aquatopia with some friends recently on free passes. Wasn't as hideous as I thought, but it's kind of lame for an apres activity given that the water is fucking freezing at the swim-up bar and the hot tub is lukewarm at best. Anyone who can afford to stay at that place can afford to do much better.

Public pools..are pretty gross..

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Steeze just doesn't want to admit that he has some more competition now from you!

Ok

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel like Atomic Jeff probably knows the guy with pink pants. 

When skis were straight and pants were pink!

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's not really Bumps more like push piles. 

Bumps are bumps!  The more, the merrier!  On snow, on women, doesn't make a difference!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

I was astonished when I came across this old school trip report.

https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/13848-tr-camelback-3-28-2009/

I love how it says you guys "tackled the steeps". :P:clap:P:o

Yeah, yeah, I'll probably get a Blue pass and see how I like it next season (and starting this Feb). I believe CB is $399 and Blue is $449, so it's only $50 more. Next year CB will be $599 for me.

Come to think of it, people here actually loved skiing CB back in those days. And then midnight hit, the mountain turned into pumpkin, and the true virus has taken over.

Who's the outsider on the board?

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Come to think of it, people here actually loved skiing CB back in those days. And then midnight hit, the mountain turned into pumpkin, and the true virus has taken over.

Haha, it's so funny reading real TRs from Camelback. I guess in a decade or so I'll be extremely anti-CB as well.

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

Actually we had a PASR day at Camelback because that's when they stayed open later than all the other ski areas and offered free Alien passes for season passholders from other areas.  PASR was actually started because of the rideCB message board and yes it's taken some time but the majority of the PASRs have seen the light and the light is Blue..

Back in the Ray Tuthill days(pre 2008) Blue used to offer twice daily grooming, didn't close in inclement weather, had a 730am weekend opening and prided themselves for opening early and staying open late. Then for a few years Camelback would sometimes open earlier and stay open later and now Blue mountain the true mountain has taken back the honor of having the longest season in the Poke N Hoes.