Staying at Best Western in Waterbury. I am pretty much a regular there for Stowe trips. Paying $180/nt (split two ways) with hot tub and free breakfast 30 min from mt and 30 min from Burlington to go out at nt.

(Edit - I just saw Salty made same call - nice!)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Staying at Best Western in Waterbury. I am pretty much a regular there for Stowe trips. Paying $180/nt (split two ways) with hot tub and free breakfast 30 min from mt and 30 min from Burlington to go out at nt.

Who are you splitting it with?!

17 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Going with a buddy from law school - we had originally planned our Vail trip together. He mostly snowboards these days but we have been friends for 29 years so I let it slide. Hope he brings skis too. 

Awesome. have fun! Should be good weekend!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's a great place except now itll take me 1 hour to get to the mountain 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You make your kid put a little skin in the game when it comes to booking a hotel..nice..

• Confused 2

Going with a buddy from law school - we had originally planned our Vail trip together. He mostly snowboards these days but we have been friends for 29 years so I let it slide. Hope he brings skis too. 

I once let a snowboarder come with us to Jackson hole.  

Cancelled my Sat flight to Vail (where it has only snowed a few inches in last 2 weeks and there is none in forecast) and driving to Stowe instead.

Unfortunately the friend I am travelling with insists on our driving up Sat instead of tonight, pointing out roads will suck tonight and it will be super crowded and super cold Saturday. Bad decision IMO - and could have forced issue as taking my SUV - but dont want to start trip with him mad. Should be lots of awesome snow still to be had skiing Sun through Wed, with it unlikely to get above freezing the whole time. 

Have fun and don’t get upset if people say,”you should have been there Friday” wahahahah 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski Goat?  Underneath the lookout double is rad.  I’m gonna check the Stowe webcams and see if I can see you.  I’m keeping my pants on. 

I think Goat is for experts like JohnnyLaw. I've been hitting up Upper Smugglers on the Spruce side and it's empty over here. Perder on the lower part of the run is deeeeep. I'll head over to the Mansfield side soon, hopefully the crowds start to spread out and I'll find some radical glades 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant is it crowded?  Mad river @Glennlooks busy. 

0FAC8542-31B4-4B4C-A175-F8A67B591DAD.jpeg

Surprisingly no. The lift lines haven't been bad at all. In fact I skied so much perder and moguls and glades and more Perder that my legs are completely Toast and I dont think I can go on anymore today. But dang Daniel, it was a fantastic day of skiing at Stowe!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Surprisingly no. The lift lines haven't been bad at all. In fact I skied so much perder and moguls and glades and more Perder that my legs are completely Toast and I dont think I can go on anymore today. But dang Daniel, it was a fantastic day of skiing at Stowe!

Sweet, did you fall at all?