11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

@saltyantwhere are the pics???

Why are you confused? I see no pics of stowe, mt mansfield, snow, skiing, ski trails etc etc. This is a ski forum not a state capitol forum. If you're gonna post a ski trip tr do it right. 

Now Insert confused reaction here ------------------‐-------------------------------->

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why are you confused? I see no pics of stowe, mt mansfield, snow, skiing, ski trails etc etc. This is a ski forum not a state capitol forum. If you're gonna post a ski trip tr do it right. 

Did you know Montpelier is the smallest state Capitol in the US? Also did you know the town developed into a center for manufacturing, especially after the Central Vermont Railway opened in Montpelier on June 20, 1849. That's over 170 years ago!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Did you know Montpelier is the smallest state Capitol in the US? Also did you know the town developed into a center for manufacturing, especially after the Central Vermont Railway opened in Montpelier on June 20, 1849. That's over 170 years ago!!

@Johnny Lawwants to know if you saw any butthole

• Confused 2

Just now, saltyant said:

15.2 inches now projected. Sick! It's just flurries at the base right now. I dont have a hotel house reservation Friday night and every single place seems to be sold out are charging like a billion dollars. I guess I'll just sleep in my Sonic.

20220203_110019.jpg.b2d40059c74e149202c8b743d00c1f50.jpg

Saltman If you sleep in the sonic to catch the pow that would be so legit and I will never razz on you again...ever. nor should anyone. Just take pics if you do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

15.2 inches now projected. Sick! It's just flurries at the base right now. I dont have a hotel house reservation Friday night and every single place seems to be sold out are charging like a billion dollars. I guess I'll just sleep in my Sonic.

I support this. That would be bad ass. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Friday night doesn’t matter you want it for tonight and then Friday night maybe get a room on the way home or worst case Burlington. Yeah sleep in the sonic lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saltman If you sleep in the sonic to catch the pow that would be so legit and I will never razz on you again...ever. nor should anyone. Just take pics if you do

Have you ever slept in your car for skiing?  That giant ford you had would be good for that.  

The plastic baskets on the bottoms of my ski poles broke off... lost both today in the Perder! Bought brand new poles in the shop. This will be my first time ever skiing with different poles than the ones I bought at the Goodwill store in 2014 with a pair of 1960 skis for $15. RIP poles

Edited by saltyant

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I toured the state capitol Montpelier yesterday. Did you know it's the smallest capitol in the United States of America?

My money for smallest state capital is the “I” in Indiana. It beats out all the other “I” states because the length of the word makes it look shorter. Kind of how you can trim the shrubs to make the tree stand taller.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

My money for smallest state capital is the “I” in Indiana. It beats out all the other “I” states because the length of the word makes it look shorter. Kind of how you can trim the shrubs to make the tree stand taller.

I wonder if it works that way with pubes 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

The plastic baskets on the bottoms of my ski poles broke off... lost both today in the Perder! Bought brand new poles in the shop. This will be my first time ever skiing with different poles than the ones I bought at the Goodwill store in 2014 with a pair of 1960 skis for $15. RIP poles

How much were the new poles..I actually bought my current poles in 2014 in Jackson hole and they bent the very first time I used them 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have you ever slept in your car for skiing?  That giant ford you had would be good for that.  

No I haven't and yeah you're right. That car would've been great to sleep, camp etc but I've caught more mice and cleaned mouse poop in that vehicle then any person should ever have to in their lives. It was the most bizarre thing ever.

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much were the new poles..I actually bought my current poles in 2014 in Jackson hole and they bent the very first time I used them 

$34. I told the salesman my price range since I don't understand the benefits of paying $50 or more for ski poles. They work grate and feel lighter than my Goodwill store ones from 2014.

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski chin clip? How deep is it?

I skied the top of Chin Clip. It wasn't that deep but at least the fresh pow pow covered the bare spots. It was much easier for me than 4 years ago since I've advanced from a low intermediate to a low-medium intermediate.

Cancelled my Sat flight to Vail (where it has only snowed a few inches in last 2 weeks and there is none in forecast) and driving to Stowe instead.

Unfortunately the friend I am travelling with insists on our driving up Sat instead of tonight, pointing out roads will suck tonight and it will be super crowded and super cold Saturday. Bad decision IMO - and could have forced issue as taking my SUV - but dont want to start trip with him mad. Should be lots of awesome snow still to be had skiing Sun through Wed, with it unlikely to get above freezing the whole time. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cancelled my Sat flight to Vail (where it has only snowed a few inches in last 2 weeks and there is none in forecast) and driving to Stowe instead.

Unfortunately the friend I am travelling with insists on our driving up Sat instead of tonight, pointing out roads will suck tonight and it will be super crowded and super cold Saturday. Bad decision IMO - and could have forced issue as taking my SUV - but dont want to start trip with him made. Should be lots of awesome snow still to be had skiing Sun through Wed, with it unlikely to get above freezing the whole time. 

Have a grate time! It is going to be an absolutely fuster cluck tomorrow and probably today. I'm annoyed there are lots of people in my hotel breakfast area which was empty all week. 

• Like 1