3-31-19 - it ain't blue but it'll do

RidgeRacer

Grabbed my free ticket (70 bucks otherwise). First run and immediately went searching for the famed Basslicker. Found it. It's fun but really short. The equivalent of lower sidewinder and not much else. definitely not a double black. Also skied Margie's. Forgot how short the runs are on this sideed27a76ed0ca1ff825a54a21ab0bf9ab.jpg4cba422f46134d62c0f8295e3d575625.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Skied Basslick 2 more times. Ski2 live is right. It's narrower than lower sidewinder for sure. You enter it from rocket but it looks like they are working on an entrance from the top that'll include a few more turns. Props to CB for converting the defunct Alpine slide into a ski trail.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looks like they're cutting another trail of of Asp
890a2f0e7702e536e247b0cc0a6fe5d4.jpg

i could be wrong, but i was under the impression that cut has been there for many years 

fun day yesterday, more people there than i thought there would be.  10 runs off east mountain, 1 run to get over to lodge, and 16 runs on other quad

Edited by theprogram4

44 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i could be wrong, but i was under the impression that cut has been there for many years 

fun day yesterday, more people there than i thought there would be.  10 runs off east mountain, 1 run to get over to lodge, and 16 runs on other quad

How long did 27 runs take..I saw VTMark bitching about blues closing yesterday on FB.  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How long did 27 runs take..I saw VTMark bitching about blues closing yesterday on FB.  

i didnt pay attention to time that much, but i think it was like 3 hours and 15 minutes.  on the short part of the mountain, if the quad is running you can probably get a run in every 6 minutes.  also depends what part of mountain you are on.  ill be on a time crunch thursday so i can get a better idea of runs

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i didnt pay attention to time that much, but i think it was like 3 hours and 15 minutes.  on the short part of the mountain, if the quad is running you can probably get a run in every 6 minutes.  also depends what part of mountain you are on.  ill be on a time crunch thursday so i can get a better idea of runs

Why the time crunch on your day off?

They more or less got rid of the Bactrian off the Stevenson to make way for the mountain coaster. It wasn’t anything to write home about, but it had some really fun curvy turns at the bottom that added some length and variety. Glad to see them make a new one similar to it.