Hunter 12/24 ... Grate!

saltyant

Hunter is grate! Very rad conditions, basically a 10/10. I got up at 4:30 am to get after it but it's been totally worth it. Not too crowded and grate perd! Current taking a coffee break at the Sonic and eating Captains Wafers and a bernaner, then time to get after it for 2 more hours. Sickbird

20211224_092631.thumb.jpg.d17c026f22388c07878d5f500a3e8c7d.jpg

20211224_093653.thumb.jpg.0f551586241877b7b9c95b6dedd1eec4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyantwhat were your favorite runs?  

Overlook and Upper K27 were really fun. It was nice skiing some steep runs with sustained pitch and fresh Perder. Kennedy Drive was pretty rowdy for a blue and had moe ghouls.

Glad I finally got to Hunter but 7 hours of driving in one day is a bit too much for me to do again this season, especially with some real terrain opening locally soon.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Overlook and Upper K27 were really fun. It was nice skiing some steep runs with sustained pitch and fresh Perder. Kennedy Drive was pretty rowdy for a blue and had moe ghouls.

Glad I finally got to Hunter but 7 hours of driving in one day is a bit too much for me to do again this season, especially with some real terrain opening locally soon.

That’s a lot of driving but at least it was good

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty next time make a weekend of it and stay overnight. I bet ski2live would share a room with you. 

Maybe, I heard Hunter becomes a nightmare on the weekends. I don't share rooms with anyone but I'd be up for splitting a hot cocoa.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

Glad to hear Hunter was rockin. Went north and did 2 days at Bolton Valley and 1 at Jay with kids. Limited terrain open at both, but zero lines and snow instead of rain on Xmas. Seemed like the best option on the IndyPass. 

Gonna work Monday and Tues and then head out for more turns weather permitting after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Glad to hear Hunter was rockin. Went north and did 2 days at Bolton Valley and 1 at Jay with kids. Limited terrain open at both, but zero lines and snow instead of rain on Xmas. Seemed like the best option on the IndyPass. 

Gonna work Monday and Tues and then head out for more turns weather permitting after that.

Nice report..thanks!!!  

11 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

WTGAI, but Salty’s pictures are better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heading back up north after a couple of work days. Likely hit West (en route stop to break up drive), Jay and Magic. Maybe more after that if Sat-Sun forecast clears up.

Getting our money's worth out of IndyPass with 6 days from Dec 24-31. Just as glad to have an alternative to the Epic crowds on the holiday week. 

Only 2 Epic days so far - both at Hunter - but that should pay for itself out west in coming months.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Heading back up north after a couple of work days. Likely hit West (en route stop to break up drive), Jay and Magic. Maybe more after that if Sat-Sun forecast clears up.

Getting our money's worth out of IndyPass with 6 days from Dec 24-31. Just as glad to have an alternative to the Epic crowds on the holiday week. 

Only 2 Epic days so far - both at Hunter - but that should pay for itself out west in coming months.

I would save that trip for March. I love Magic but they have very limited terrain and may not even have a trail from the top open. You go there after a big dump or after they have enough natural base to open all of their trails. All the others are also on limited terrain and it's looking like it will rain all the way to Jay this weekend. You won't get any better skiing than in the Poconos for all that driving. Your skiing per dollar quality ration will suck. Use Shawnee, Montage, and Greek on the Indy Pass and save the others for when it's good.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Did you like Bolton valley?  It’s likely my least favorite ski area in Vermont.  It’s like skiing in PA with the drive.  Short runs and not very steep. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, trackbiker said:

I would save that trip for March. I love Magic but they have very limited terrain and may not even have a trail from the top open. You go there after a big dump or after they have enough natural base to open all of their trails. All the others are also on limited terrain and it's looking like it will rain all the way to Jay this weekend. You won't get any better skiing than in the Poconos for all that driving. Your skiing per dollar quality ration will suck. Use Shawnee, Montage, and Greek on the Indy Pass and save the others for when it's good.

Now is the time I have to ski with the kids and I'm going for the best skiing we can get in now. Magic is supposed to open top, of they don't we will do B.east instead. Shawnee and Montage are blacked out this week and Greek Pean is 3 runs which would get old for 2 days.

Don't believe it will rain at Jay. We skied snow there on Xmas when it was rain everywhere else.