Presidents’ Day 2/20/23…pretty good

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 722am and in the house were PARidge, Salty, Atomic Jeff, MBike mike, Dirtwolf, Boo Bear, Becky Boo, Oz and the Bethlehem ford crew minus Bethlehem ford guy.  The temperature began in the mid 30s with a slight amount of fog near the peak.  

First run I skied coming soon which was ok and lower paradise was super good.  Challenge was also ok pretty put together..Paradise was real nice and pretty smooth and soft and switchback was super variable with about six types of conditions. Lazy mile was pretty nice as well and I revisited paradise and challenge a few times. There were no crowds and I expect moderate crowds this afternoon. 

After skiing hungout in the lot for a beer or two and some chips and now back to work like a dork.  JADIP

A474F97A-430A-484E-9233-AE714E000041.jpeg

76128B7E-C091-4371-B63A-DFC4EB555BB8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Becky and I got on the snow around 915, and skied until around 1130ish with Justo, Rose and their little one.  Conditions changed with each run but it was good, but paradise sure is getting thin around the second turn. They might need to scrape the snow together for a bridge if they don’t get the temps to blow a patch on it overnight. 

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Boo Bear said:

They might need to scrape the snow together for a bridge if they don’t get the temps to blow a patch on it overnight. 

Unfortunately doesn't look like any good snowmaking temps until Friday.
The other question is whether or not they'll invest any more money into snowmaking?
Yeah, Blue had blow all the way up to closing day before, but new owners may not see it worth the spend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

The other question is whether or not they'll invest any more money into snowmaking?
Yeah, Blue had blow all the way up to closing day before, but new owners may not see it worth the spend.

I think they’ll blow snow Friday night but the warm weather windows have been much longer than the cold weather windows.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Ugg “Little Gap” flashback. I can remember driving through 9” of snow to get my skis out of the instructors shack to ski elsewhere because they closed early that year. 

I have to believe they’re looking at cold in the forecast and a couple storm signals coming up . Hopefully the base hangs in till then. 

• Like 1