3/8/23….nice snow…windy

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. 22 was all backed up and I don’t love the cut through from 309 to 145 with morning traffic so I drove through the lovely town of slatington to Mountain View road..it’s been years since I took that Root.  On the drive up I rocked out to Baby Bash and T Pain.  

Arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was in the low 30s with 20-30mph winds.  In the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, C1 and the Bethlehem ford crew minus Bethlehem ford guy.  First civilian super summit safari six pack to Main Street which was smooth cord with some skeet spots.  Up the quad to nightmare dreamweaver which had nice snow but was in a wind tunnel.  Coming soon had the best snow on the hill..smooth, semi firm and I think they blew a little bit.  

I repeated coming soon a few times, did challenge once which was decent while razoes looked horrible..then back to main and back to coming soon.  All in all a fun session, the snow was easily a 7.5-8 out of 10.  There were a lot of instructors around the hill but otherwise pretty empty. 

246E6885-B1F0-451F-AA77-5D6DCE3F002D.jpeg

• Like 8

Just got home from a fun afternoon at Blue The True!  Arrived at the lower lot at 1pm and didn't notice any recognizable life in the PASR area nor where some friends park so off I went to venture the whole mountain including the extreme double black terrain all on my own.  Snow was quite nice and back to what you would expect for an average mid March winters day.  There was a rebuild in Come Around with the rainbow box replacing the battleship up top for those interested.  All in all JADIP. 😇

20230308_133641.jpg

20230308_133631.jpg

20230308_133651.jpg

• Like 5

I forgot to add the mens room chatter was of a highly technical instructor certification taking place today.  Must explain why there were so many blue coats out earlier.  Crowds were very light and I never had to share a chair.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I forgot to add the mens room chatter was of a highly technical instructor certification taking place today.  Must explain why there were so many blue coats out earlier.  Crowds were very light and I never had to share a chair.

On the in run to coming soon we passed about 15 instructors.  They love flat terrain to train on.  

Also mid March??  Don’t jump the gun here.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On the in run to coming soon we passed about 15 instructors.  They love flat terrain to train on.  

Also mid March??  Don’t jump the gun here.  

Forgive me for I am just describing the conditions brother 🙏.   May Blue The True keep pumping out their world class man made white nectar well into April!!

14 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Forgive me for I am just describing the conditions brother 🙏.   May Blue The True keep pumping out their world class man made white nectar well into April!!

I’ll be skiing well into April but I doubt at Blue.  I still have to pay my taxes and buy my Blue pass…then see where I wanna go and I do wanna go to Stowe in April so will keep you posted..maybe @moe ghoul or @SallyCatwill want to meet us.  Weekdays preferred cause I’ve been working way to much.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll be skiing well into April but I doubt at Blue.  I still have to pay my taxes and buy my Blue pass…then see where I wanna go and I do wanna go to Stowe in April so will keep you posted..maybe @moe ghoul or @SallyCatwill want to meet us.  Weekdays preferred cause I’ve been working way to much.  

I have the same plans for April as far as continuing to make turns where possible.  My weekends are Thurs/Friday.  I seen Killington is offering a late seasons pass for around $350 unlimited until they close in May........  Kind of hard to ignore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

I have the same plans for April as far as continuing to make turns where possible.  My weekends are Thurs/Friday.  I seen Killington is offering a late seasons pass for around $350 unlimited until they close in May........  Kind of hard to ignore.

If you took two trips there it’s worth it I want to look into next seasons Ikon pass as well if it allows skiing this season anywhere in the late spring.  Probably belongs in another thread but summer trips to places like mammoth California is a real possibility or even Tahoe..just giant seasons..Snowbird Utah might make the summer.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you took two trips there it’s worth it I want to look into next seasons Ikon pass as well if it allows skiing this season anywhere in the late spring.  Probably belongs in another thread but summer trips to places like mammoth California is a real possibility or even Tahoe..just giant seasons..Snowbird Utah might make the summer.  

The Ikon in spring with a new pass purchase typically lets you ski at the Alterra owned mountains in April or beyond, So nearby  Sugarbush or Stratton, out west, Winter Park, Copper, Steamboat, Mammoth, Squawlpine for sure.  No Snowbird as that's a partner mountain, same with Killington.

Mammoth and Squawlpine should go late this year so could get your money's worth there.

Edited by duffman
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, duffman said:

The Ikon in spring with a new pass purchase typically lets you ski at the Alterra owned mountains in April or beyond, So nearby  Sugarbush or Stratton, out west, Winter Park, Copper, Steamboat, Mammoth, Squawlpine for sure.  No Snowbird as that's a partner mountain, same with Killington.

Mammoth and Squawlpine should go late this year so could get your money's worth there.

Mmmm something to consider depending how far Sugarbush may push their season......

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I forgot to mention,”the put me in coach” song was playing right before the opening bell yesterday morning.  Johnny Law was nervous that song would get stuck in his head.  

52B0C91C-BAB9-49D8-A59E-B8E3803E7554.webp

When I woke up this morning my first thought was put me in coach.....shit is catchy 

• Haha 2