2023-2024 skison

mgguy

Better conditions tonight...Sweet and Low most everywhere....Fast surface and got kinda heavy in some places...The steeper areas were all good though...I ran Timberline right before they closed it for NASTAR and it was pretty meh with some dark spots showin...Empty again tonight...No wait time...Another super fun time....

20240130_170109.jpg

20240130_170220.jpg

20240130_172048.jpg

20240130_180854.jpg

20240130_181852.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, trackbiker said:

Planning on heading there after work. Hope the crowds are still low. Was mobbed last Tuesday when I was there. Their lift line management sucks.

Do they close Timberline every night for racing?

I believe they only close Timberline on Tuesday nights and I doubt they'll be busy tonight unless Wednsday nights are a big school trip night.

Ill be up tonight puttering around with my GF.

Edited by antman12

NASTAR is Tuesday and Wednesday nights. SL on Tuesday, GS on Wednesday night. Snow today was really good for first 1 1/2 hours then got mashed potatoes. Sasquatch and skiers right of Grizzly ROTD. Thursday and Friday nights this week lots of schools coming. 

• Like 1

Rode at BC for about an hour and a half late pm....Snow was straight up Idahoans....Steeper parts were again nice....but the flats were pretty lumpy....Not too many people there when I arrived....Most of the time got right on the lift...But as soon as I had to wait more than a few minutes I was gone....Some school buses there when I left...Looked for  @antman12 but never saw him....

20240131_175314.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Rode at BC for about an hour and a half late pm....Snow was straight up Idahoans....Steeper parts were again nice....but the flats were pretty lumpy....Not too many people there when I arrived....Most of the time got right on the lift...But as soon as I had to wait more than a few minutes I was gone....Some school buses there when I left...Looked for  @antman12 but never saw him....

20240131_175314.jpg

Does BC have much of a tailgating scene?

13 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

20240131_175314.jpg

@Mixilplix I was looking for you but never saw you when I was there between 6-8.

Rode from 6-8ish doing a handful of runs off of the triple then started doing some top to bottom runs and finished with a few more runs off of the triple. GFs progressing well, still mostly pizza-ing around but starting to carve a little bit more and handly speed better without panicking. Learning how to do full stops better and better each time out. Its pretty cool to watch somebody progress from hardly getting down the carpet hill to doing top to bottom runs in about 2 weeks/4 trips. Last night was the first night that she truly had fun!

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

BC frowns upon pop ups in the parking lot for tailgating. Will get a visit from security. I do see low key tailgating going on Saturday afternoons in lot. Just be cool and haven't seen any issues. Also haven't seen any grills going.......

Snow today was pretty good, fast and firm. Got in my 16 runs in 2 hours. Started getting lumpy on Kodiak and Broadway by 11. Timberline, Grizzly both very nice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mgguy said:

BC frowns upon pop ups in the parking lot for tailgating. Will get a visit from security. I do see low key tailgating going on Saturday afternoons in lot. Just be cool and haven't seen any issues. Also haven't seen any grills going.......

Snow today was pretty good, fast and firm. Got in my 16 runs in 2 hours. Started getting lumpy on Kodiak and Broadway by 11. Timberline, Grizzly both very nice. 

I’ve tailgated before events other than skiing and did the low key tailgate thing with sandos…my delivery guy went to bear creek for supper with his wife and said the burger was like $20-25..that’s the same as Jackson hole and Blue mountain.  Crazy…can get Chinese food for three people for that on the way home.  

I’m glad y’all had that long cold stretch two weeks ago..sad AF start to season

thanks 

GSS

At BC from 5 to 6:30ish.....When I rolled in there were many buses but not a lotta cars.. ..Almost turned around....Walking in the courtyard was packed....After I made my way through the sea of humanity I was surprised to find a short lift line....Made my way to F chair and the line was non existent....Snow was good...Little chop at times but it kinda made it more fun...They have an OK base but there are spot that won't like it when Mr Sunshine returns...Bout 6:30 the lift lines started and called it... When I rolled out I counted like 18 buses....

20240201_173330.jpg

20240201_173454.jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

my delivery guy went to bear creek for supper with his wife and said the burger was like $20-25..that’s the same as Jackson hole and Blue mountain.  Crazy…can get Chinese food for three people for that on the way home. 

This was more than likely at the restaurant, not the cafe.

• Like 2

Was up this morning, first chair. Conditions were sweetness on the half shell. Not a bad run on the hill. F chair side especially nice. Started to soften up around 11:30. Very light crowd. Expect next 2 days to be the same.

• Like 2

Fun night at BC....They were able to get some snow down last night...or at least something that looked the part...Conditions have improved there....Steeper sections had scraped parts that showed groomer/cat tracks in the ice..Some  rougher stuff towards the outsides of things....Thought the new stuff would be like glue,but I had no problems...But god damn at the bottom of Grizzly by the trees there is a monstrous fucking bomb hole in the snow.......It wrecked a bunch kids tonight...I think it started as a jump kicker...But everybody was hittin it from all angle and it just grew over time ......If it's there tomorrow I'll try to get a pic...

20240206_165603.jpg

20240206_170719.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Fun night at BC....They were able to get some snow down last night...or at least something that looked the part...Conditions have improved there....Steeper sections had scraped parts that showed groomer/cat tracks in the ice..Some  rougher stuff towards the outsides of things....Thought the new stuff would be like glue,but I had no problems...But god damn at the bottom of Grizzly by the trees there is a monstrous fucking bomb hole in the snow.......It wrecked a bunch kids tonight...I think it started as a jump kicker...But everybody was hittin it from all angle and it just grew over time ......If it's there tomorrow I'll try to get a pic...

20240206_165603.jpg

20240206_170719.jpg

How do I keep missing you?! I was there from 5-8 and kept an eye out the whole time.

The snow was awful granular sh*t at the base....but on the actual trails the snow was much better.

26 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

How were the crowds? Might hit it tonight.

Light. B chair got "crowded" for like an hour but it was still wasnt bad.

Nice late pm session at the BC...Snow is gradually coming back to decent conditions....at least on the F chair side...The usual slick spots...but for the most part everything was pretty easy to get an edge in...I think they were able to make some snow last night....More people there tonight than there has been in the past...Never really waited too long...

@antman12 I look for you every time I'm there....

20240207_163630.jpg

20240207_163904.jpg

20240207_175128.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 4

Some spring conditions at BC tonight....Pretty firm under a nice layer of snow cone stuff....You could really ride the turn....On snow about 4:30.....Couple of buses/courtyard packed...But little action on the hill...After an hour the lift line started to get annoying .....Rode another half hour and out at six....Fantastic snow and got some good turns in....

20240208_174010.jpg

20240208_174017.jpg

20240208_175552.jpg

• Like 5

Some nice soft snow at BC tonight....I could not believe how absolutely dead it was...It was like quiet riding the lift....Base is starting to show some signs of giving it up....But it kinda spices it up a bit.....It's been super fun ridin for like an hour or two right after work....

20240212_163944.jpg

20240212_170854.jpg

20240212_171831.jpg

20240212_172947.jpg

• Like 5