Smith goggle warranty

CaptDave

So I think during travel I had a piece of my Smith IO goggle cracked.  I opened the claim. They want to see proof of purchase, picture of the damage, etc....   I get an email reply approving it, but before they give me a voucher, they want pictures of the "destroyed" product.  Cut the strap, scratch an X into the lense.

Seems like a darn good waste of a fine lense.  Anybody else go through this?

16 minutes ago, CaptDave said:

So I think during travel I had a piece of my Smith IO goggle cracked.  I opened the claim. They want to see proof of purchase, picture of the damage, etc....   I get an email reply approving it, but before they give me a voucher, they want pictures of the "destroyed" product.  Cut the strap, scratch an X into the lense.

Seems like a darn good waste of a fine lense.  Anybody else go through this?

Nope, but interesting.
I guess they don't want people piece-mealing together spare goggles.

• Like 1

If you get the same model goggle then you have an extra pair of lense(s) in case they scratch or crack etc...   I had the goggle with the reddish/orangish tint and I think all Smiths come with a flat light lense as well. 

So all said and done once I proved I cut the strap they gave me voucher code values at the original product price.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, CaptDave said:

If you get the same model goggle then you have an extra pair of lense(s) in case they scratch or crack etc...   I had the goggle with the reddish/orangish tint and I think all Smiths come with a flat light lense as well. 

So all said and done once I proved I cut the strap they gave me voucher code values at the original product price.

I guess there's no way to tell if you used an old picture?  Could you use that same pic again to get a free lens?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much do clear lenses cost?  I’m looking into purchasing goggles with interchangeable lenses. 

I think mine were like $65 a couple of years ago