Input on Cat tracks for boots

bigdaddyk

Cat tracks certainly do give you much better footing. And, yes, they are very tight to begin with, but they will stretch out. Try putting them on your boots today and let them stay on until you go skiing this year. I've not left them on over the summer, but I'd bet that's keep them stretched.

i use mine all the time, if i don't take my boots off during lunch i put them on, or if i know i have to walk in the parking lot i put them on, if you leave them on for a while then they stretch out, it was hard for me to get them on my boot and thats only a size 4.5 i don't know how ppl with normal size feet do it

I just got a pair of cat tracks for my boots, to protect the bases. These were a pain to put on/ stretch. Has anybody used these and do they eventually stretch and become easier to put on? I have a dumb feeling that if they don't stretch out, I'm gonna end up snapping them, when they get cold.

They come in different sizes. They stretch a little, but not too much. You need the right size...

"keep the best boot/binding interface"

I've worn my boots around dirt, parking lots, ice, and even snow for close to 3 60+ day seasons. The toe and heel are pretty well worn and have some pretty good angles goin on. However, the spots where your boot comes in contact with the binding, on most bindings, is totally unaffected by the wear that comes with walking in your boots. I still use the same boot and binding combination and have used them on a few different skis and there has been no loss of performance in relation to bindings pre-releasing, etc... As far as I can tell the only advantage to cat-trax is better grip on some surfaces.

• 1 year later...

Every step in the parking lot that you take in your boots eats away at the effectiveness of your boot to binding contact. Are you listening Jeff? I saw you do it and I watched little pieces of boot being left behind...

It's a good excuse to get new boots then...

I don't like carrying anything but my poles and my skis to the mountain from my car.

Very interesting..I'm wondering whether to get cat tracks...I don't like the thought of another step in booting up...How big are they for in your pockets???

They are too bulky for me...the heel piece is like carrying a big triangle. If I use them, which is rare because I almost always boot up in the lodge, I slip my 4-digit lock through them and lock them to a ski rack. I guess the only recent times I've used them are for MC races, when I go back down to my Jeep between the morning GS and the afternoon slalom races.

They are too bulky for me...the heel piece is like carrying a big triangle. If I use them, which is rare because I almost always boot up in the lodge, I slip my 4-digit lock through them and lock them to a ski rack. I guess the only recent times I've used them are for MC races, when I go back down to my Jeep between the morning GS and the afternoon slalom races.

i walked back to my car with my boots on :rock

I come already dressed for skiing. i just need to put my boots and gloves on thats it. Out of all the times I've put out my sneakers (good and old ones) on top of the lockers in the main lodge, they have never been moved or taken. They have been out on top of lockers during busy holiday weekends and everything, and nobody took them. Kinda shocked me that nobody did take them.

I do notice though that when I sit down to boot up that the staff thats cleaning the lodge will take shoes and stuff stored under the benches to lost and found. But if you put them on the top of the lockers nobody bothers them.

Yep, skierboi is totally right about canting.

Sneakers stolen from the lodge? Well, I don't wear brand new Nike Airs to ski, but I've left my North Face trail sneakers just about everywhere and they haven't been stolen. At Blue, I stick them on top of the orange lockers nearest the ticket window at the base lodge.

And, yeah, I know you walked back to your car with your boots, Jeff. My dog also eats his poop, even though I yell at him. But you and my dog just keep doin' it ;)

(anyone else notice skierboi's 16 days?)

Yep, skierboi is totally right about canting.

Sneakers stolen from the lodge? Well, I don't wear brand new Nike Airs to ski, but I've left my North Face trail sneakers just about everywhere and they haven't been stolen. At Blue, I stick them on top of the orange lockers nearest the ticket window at the base lodge.

And, yeah, I know you walked back to your car with your boots, Jeff. My dog also eats his poop, even though I yell at him. But you and my dog just keep doin' it ;)

(anyone else notice skierboi's 16 days?)

:nana