Snow Thursday/Friday with us in the Sweet Spot!

lurker

Just looked at the updated snow forcast for us from www.accuweather.com. Right now they have us forcast right in the middle of high snowfall band! http://headlines.accuweather.com/news-stor...adc=0&article=0

6-12 Inches!! They've stated that this storm will almost definently come this way, but speed and slight changes in direction may occur, so it may change the snowfall amounts. I really hope that's not the case though. Man I can just picture a snowday friday, going to Camelback on opening day while it's snowing. Skiing all day in fresh powder...

For the love of God let the forecast be correct :D.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate pow...Way too hard to race or train in...Well it doesn't matter what I want, any skiing is better than none, gotta take what I can.

Haha, yeah you're right. The floating feeling as you effortlessly glide down a hill, tons of trails opening with extra base added from natural snow, snowdays allowing you to ski all day, the ability to crash really hard and be perfectly fine. How could anyone like powder :P?

What kind of skier are you :D?? Haha just kidding with you, but I'm still hoping for snow.

Edited by lurker

I hate pow...Way too hard to race or train in...Well it doesn't matter what I want, any skiing is better than none, gotta take what I can.

Actually i hope we dont get too much.. Then the roads will be bad and i wont be able to go to cb

*Chokes and gags*

Guys come on! Stop bringing me down, haha!

This could make a great early season nearly perfect. My stomach has this really good antsy feeling in it aftering thinking about a day off school and spent at CB with fresh pow.

I hate pow...

Are you insane? I know you spandex warriors like the east coast "hardpack" but for the few days of real snow we get just live a little and enjoy it. :drool

I hope it snow bucket loads, enough to keep me off work and everyone else away from the hill (except a couple of lifties of course).

Are you insane? I know you spandex warriors like the east coast "hardpack" but for the few days of real snow we get just live a little and enjoy it. :drool

I hope it snow bucket loads, enough to keep me off work and everyone else away from the hill (except a couple of lifties of course).

Insane, probably... spandex wearing, close enough...live a little, hardpack is the only way to go. Its so much faster, and well, faster. You feel so much better ripping an uber high speed turn over that than you do floating over powder. Powder is ok if its dry, and your just free skiing...But I would still take hardpack over it.

Insane, probably... spandex wearing, close enough...live a little, hardpack is the only way to go. Its so much faster, and well, faster. You feel so much better ripping an uber high speed turn over that than you do floating over powder. Powder is ok if its dry, and your just free skiing...But I would still take hardpack over it.

I feel like someone just slapped me in the face.

Take up speed skating :poke or luge (sp?)

Wow, that snowfall forecast changed from earlier this afternoon when the heaviest band was shown a bit further south.

This is why I love this board.

Was it two winters ago that we had a big snow dump and CB actually closed because the PA Governor declared a state of emergency and the CB employees couldn't make it to the mountain?

That's the irony of having too much snow at one time.

Was it two winters ago that we had a big snow dump and CB actually closed because the PA Governor declared a state of emergency and the CB employees couldn't make it to the mountain?

I still laugh about that to this day. That is the worst excuse that you could come up with for them to close. Last time I checked ski areas liked when it snowed. Funny how everyone else stayed open and they closed. Also, didn't everyone get ticked because they groomed all the fresh snow in too?

Regardless, it was DaveK's fault. He made the call when Dunkin Donuts decided to not open due to the snow...

Edited by skifreak

I'm with adam, nothing is better then REALLY firm and grippy hardpack (well, ice, really). With race skis that have uber sharp edges (like mine) there is truely nothing better then tipping the skis down the fall line, they just grip, and don't let go. You'd never think its ice. Pow just gets in the way of good turns, and nothing we ever get here is good enough to call "pow". Let it freeze! :rock

*Chokes and gags*

Guys come on! Stop bringing me down, haha!

This could make a great early season nearly perfect. My stomach has this really good antsy feeling in it aftering thinking about a day off school and spent at CB with fresh pow.

Dont you just love that feeling?

Ill take fresh powder all day everyday.

Thats a snowboarders opinion though, i guess you skiers like ice instead.

Wow, that snowfall forecast changed from earlier this afternoon when the heaviest band was shown a bit further south.

This is why I love this board.

That's the irony of having too much snow at one time.

Thats when you go there and hike it. If you want to ride that bad you will.

Its all about the 92mm waist!

The National Weather Service has ALREADY posted a severe weather bulletin for the surrounding area in advance of the thursday/friday storm and its only tuesday night. Still calling for 6-12 inches...

I always thought Blue should put chains on one of their buses and run a shuttle from a parking lot on the Allentown side of the mountain. I've seen sooooo many cars get stuck tryin' to get up Blue Mt. Drive after even small snows. It probably wouldn't make any money for them, but its just one of those "wouldn't it be cool" ideas.

I'm all for that idea for selfish reasons. While people with bald tires wait for the shuttle, I'll have less competition for first tracks. The feeling of actually making it to a ski area on a powder day is great, you can always worry about the drive home later. I once missed at 18 inch powder day at Mad River that I thoroughly prepared for ( allowing 3 hours for a one hour drive) and my old Jetta died on me on the way and I had to get towed for service which took all day.... :banghead definitely like a bad dream where you show up at the ski area and you forgot your boots at home.

Wow doug that is rough... the day after my birthday last year my little brother and I headed up to stratton for the opening of their parks. I got 4 miles onto the highway when at 4 am I got sideswiped by an 18 wheeler and completely totaled my dads focus. We walked away without a scratch but all I thought after the accident is F*CK! now I can't shred stratton! (my lil bro was a little shaken up and was happy to be alive :halo ) But believe it or not they never caught the truck driver, and my parents came in two cars! meaning I got to take my car up to stratton right from the accident. :huh::blink: It's the first time ever that I was completly knocked sensless because of my parents actions. The trip rocked from that point on. Bring on the SNOW!