12/9 Report

AtomicSkier

Oh my god...amazing! After a grueling drive up, I was on the snow by 8:40, with untouched light powder on Midway, which was 100% orgasmic. The snow was unbelivable, making your own tracks, it flying up over your knees. Met up with Doug after my second run, and we searched out the powder, especailly on Falls, which was nice and steep with some nice stashes on it early. We had about 5 or 6 REALLY good runs of untouched/lightly touched light snow, then it started to get tracked out by about our 10th run. Conditions couldn't have been better, and with more trails opening up for tomorrow, it's going to be a great weekend, and oh yea, it's only December 9th!!

My quote of the day "Doug, you're a powder whore"

:nana

Oh yea, everyone ask where Thinksnow was :wub:

I'm going to be there tomorrow in the afternoon/late morning. I might go up tonight to, I was supposed to but what a shocker, I don't have a ride. My mom was going to take me after I got back from plowing snow, but she says its "drifting" and I should wait until tomorrow.

I bet it was great today, when I was shoveling it was so so so light!

I'm going to be there tomorrow in the afternoon/late morning. I might go up tonight to, I was supposed to but what a shocker, I don't have a ride. My mom was going to take me after I got back from plowing snow, but she says its "drifting" and I should wait until tomorrow.

I bet it was great today, when I was shoveling it was so so so light!

Go in the morning! afternoon's suck! It all gets skied out/scraped away....7:30 is t3h ub3r sh1t!!! :nana

Doug and I will be back up for another dose tomorrow morning :rock

the park was nutz. they have 2 kickers for the first jump the next is a spine with the mailbox in the middle. next is the newest flat down box which has 3 stober lights in it the colors were red, white and blue. and the last thing was the wall ride set up as a spine.attempted to do the wall ride but as i was coming back down my tail dug in and i fell. overall today was a good day.

Edited by forumdestroyer154

Try to be there and ready to ride by 7:30AM by Sunday they should have Paradise open which will make the other runs less busy.

If they don't have Burma opened tomorrow, they'll open Paradise and Burma together on Sunday :rock

They're really opening the mountain quickly, and the snowmaking temps are only getting better!!!

Oh yea, everyone ask where Thinksnow was :wub:

I was awake and ready to go at 6am... I looked outside and saw it snowing like hell, I put on the news and saw the turnpike and northeast extension moving under 40 mph, with multiple accidents up the Northeast extension.

I have a 95 mile drive from L-town to Blue, and had to be at work in Edison NJ by 2:30 this afternoon. I decided it would be a bad idea to try it...

It sucks, I really wanted to ski today. I should be up with Brie on Sunday night.

I was awake and ready to go at 6am... I looked outside and saw it snowing like hell, I put on the news and saw the turnpike and northeast extension moving under 40 mph, with multiple accidents up the Northeast extension.

I have a 95 mile drive from L-town to Blue, and had to be at work in Edison NJ by 2:30 this afternoon. I decided it would be a bad idea to try it...

It sucks, I really wanted to ski today. I should be up with Brie on Sunday night.

I was awake at 4am and on the road at 5am. I made it up rt. 50 w/ no problems, just heavy rain. I made it up rt. 49 with no problems, just heavy rain. I got on Rt. 55 and it started snowing very heavy, the road completely dissapeared. I kept going until 6am and was listening to the traffic reports that were talking about the nightmare on the blue route (476 North). I decided to turn back like a little sissy. I'll be up tomorrow at 4, on the road by 5 and at CB by 8.

I'm glad I wasn't the only sissy this morning... I love to be out on days like this, and was really bummed not to be.

I feel so old.. 2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have even thought twice about heading up this morning... But, today, I found myself thinking about responsibilities to work, and worrying about my safety on the roads... God, having a sense of responsibility sucks!

Most people would've turned around where I got stuck going up a steel hill, 3 people in front of me turned around (all three front wheel drive) but no I busted out the shovel and made myself some tracks, and I charged on! I wasn't going to let a steep hill and snow stop me from skiing untracked pow... :rock

I feel so old.. 2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have even thought twice about heading up this morning... But, today, I found myself thinking about responsibilities to work, and worrying about my safety on the roads... God, having a sense of responsibility sucks!

I'm always available to help with that stupid sense of responsibility thing, Think... :yes

Edited by ski999

In between face shots, I got to have a real interesting talk today w/ blues park crue, which I might be on, and some of the features that are being planned for this year sound tight. There are going to be a ton of new rails, which are gonna begin being made sometime this coming week. There is also talk of a fairly large quarter pipe with a soap box on top in the lower park, and some interesting ideas for sidewinder. For those who couldn't clear the first hit today, it was made more to give people an idea of what is to come in the park, just think that on bigger scale. Also, there will be a fair amount of beginner friendly features in the lower park. Let us know what you guys want to see.

In between face shots, I got to have a real interesting talk today w/ blues park crue, which I might be on, and some of the features that are being planned for this year sound tight. There are going to be a ton of new rails, which are gonna begin being made sometime this coming week. There is also talk of a fairly large quarter pipe with a soap box on top in the lower park, and some interesting ideas for sidewinder. For those who couldn't clear the first hit today, it was made more to give people an idea of what is to come in the park, just think that on bigger scale. Also, there will be a fair amount of beginner friendly features in the lower park. Let us know what you guys want to see.

damn i think blue is going to give bc a run for its money this year.i really like the box with the strobes. that is really going to be sweet for videos and such

Box with strobes? How did they pull that and what does it look like?

check out the webcam

the sides are clear with a red then white then blue strobe. if i go up tomorrow ill get some pics

edit:

they turned it off for the night

Edited by forumdestroyer154

hey guys... they box isnt new its the same from last year but we added clear sides and the lights.. the box should be alot better when the sensor is put it.. it will automattically turn on when someone hits hit then turn itself back off...... paradise should be possible open tomarrow.. burma maybe 2... ummm... monday the new zawg for pipe shows up and long with it comes the guy whos gonna make rails... but shhh i didnt say nething

im out like fat chick in dodgeball

snwmaker

I went. I got there like 6 pm and by that time all the new snow was bumped up. It was crowded, but skiing was good. There was decent terrain to ride on the normal trails with the park at the end. I could only make enough speed for the knoll on the little side of the first jump, and I didn't really see much more than that. Then there was the spine, and the box. The box was nice but it ended up getting a nice hole to land in by the end of the night. The wall ride was hittable but not that good. Most went on the side as a hip like feature. Lift lines werent that bad, perhaps the worst at like 9. It was definatley a good time overall.

i was up there yesterday, but left early after i messed up my wrist really bad(messing around in moguls) So ill be taking a break to let it heal as it really hurts to type this. Straight lining falls was fun though.