CLOSED!?!?!?!?!?

pyro_boarder

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why i don't go to camelback anymore. i never seemed to understand the decisions they made. doing something like this is a great way to piss off your season pass holders, because at this time of year sp holders are a majority of their business. on the other hand they never seem to give a damn about their sp holders. :no

it is really sad. i really like the setup at CB and the size and what not. i just wish they could get it together in the offices.

they closed because the roads are bad? thats that dumbest crap i ahve ever heard. i drove to Blue last weekend when there was 11 inches of snow on the ground. the roads are fine. they should stop being little sissies. i hate camelback.

p.s.- go to Blue if you want to ski

Edited by toast21602

From RideCB.com

no, stay closed and save the snow. its 40, it was wet, let it cool down and then groom it, better decision - how many people were going to go today anyway? save it for the weekend

Anyone think this argument has any truth, I think they should groom it and make a nice base then blow more ontop. Anyone from another mountain want to comment since you know more than me?

i know if i had a season pass there instead of Blue i would be pissed. honestly, i think its rediculous that they didnt open ealier this season with all the cold weather and snow that we have had. everybody who i have talked to that skis there are really dissappointed with the decisions that management has been makign this year

I can't say I'm not dissapointed by the fact that they're closed... but I can almost understand where they're coming from. The condtions last night could scare anyone. I know it sounds like I'm being a puss, and don't think that, i'll drive in anything. A lot of their employees travel a long, long way to get to work. They don't want any of them getting hurt in accidents. Hopefully the other SP holders will just do what I'm doing- head over to Blue for the day.

I was kind of shocked to see it closed because its such a nice day outside. I like riding on warm days and love spring skiing. I don't know what they are going to try and "save" because of closing today. There will be a rapid freeze up tonight and everything will be hard as a rock in the morning no matter who is on the snow today and how it grooms up in the morning. Should have been just a delayed opening until 10.

There is always tomorrow.

So what if its closed! Ok, who do you think they are thinking of? Them selves? NO! They are thinking of you and you and you, aka the people that ski and ride! I heard of so many accidents around here this morning, they don't want that to happen to the people that go to CB! They want it to be safe, its prolly a pole that has been taken that alot of people hate skiing and riding on ice, I hate it my self too, its anoying, and all you do is slide, and thats it! They want everyone that comes to have a day that the people look back to not a bad day of crappy riding! Lets stop teasing CB, cause this is just the beggining of the season, plenty more days of skiing and riding. Give CB a break, they are doing it for the best, not for the worst. I really don't care if they are closed, they are just trying to have a better day for you guys tommorow and this whole season! Think of this closed day as a good thing not a bad thing, you guys will prolly look back at what you are saying and say "Huh, good thing they closed on December 16, 2005. I am so glad cause this weekend was so much fun!" <_<<_<:D

Just some food for thought ;)

Edited by AtomicSkier556

I speak from personal experience, having been on the premises many times when they closed or phased down for safety reasons. They act as if they look for weather or other safety reasons to crump out whenever day ticket sales would be nil. It sounds nice to say they are thinking of us, but I don't believe it.

Edited by skimom