CLOSED!?!?!?!?!?

pyro_boarder

I'm done tring to argue with you people. You don't understand that there are some people that just want to ride no matter what it's on. I'm pissed because they closed, if you don't like it, thats your problem. Complacency never got anyone anywhere. BTW they closed because of money, stop making excuses.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really like it how all the skiers and riders come in here and bash cb. I for one dont like it being that this is my home mountain, and im an employeeee. Honetly everyone that is sayiny, "come over to montage". Montage has nothing on CB. CB is bigger, better, and has better snow.

nuff said.. im heading up

I dont really like it how all the skiers and riders come in here and bash cb. I for one dont like it being that this is my home mountain, and im an employeeee. Honetly everyone that is sayiny, "come over to montage". Montage has nothing on CB. CB is bigger, better, and has better snow.

to where? isnt camelback closed haha i like cb alot but whats the point of closing? its just stupid if the roads are bad then people shouldnt be on them anyways.. its not Camelbacks fault is some moron gets into an accident while driving like an ass to get to CB so why should they close ya know?

EDIT: we wouldnt have to bash on CB if they didnt pull stupid crap like this haha thats all im saying

Edited by brtndominant

well, yea, montage does have something on CB, they are open.

The only reason everyone is bashing CB to day is because they closed unnessicerily. I love CB too, I think that it is over all a great mountain that is why I am so mad when they do things like this. And who is saying "come over to montage" I don't rember anyone say any thing like that.

:rofl good one, Shadows.

Just because we criticize CB, I don't think we are CB bashers. It's my home mountain too, but I say it like I see it. There are a lot of good things about CB. But, CB has a track record of cra@@ing out when it doesn't look like a lucrative day. We were hoping the new management would relax a bit on their bottom line policies.

well, yea, montage does have something on CB, they are open.

Ha! But shhhhhhh...we like people hating on Montage...it keeps the lines short. CB is BIGGER and BETTER (and not just the enormous weekend lines they have while we ski up to the empty lifts).

But what's the b*tching about? This is a SKIING and RIDING message board, not a ski area management message board. We sorta prefer to have ski areas open, despite a little RAIN; let management enjoy their convenient money-saving closure excuses on thier own MB.

why?

I think Rob knows how to operate a bulldozer and sometimes loses his temper big time.

I'm done tring to argue with you people. You don't understand that there are some people that just want to ride no matter what it's on. I'm pissed because they closed, if you don't like it, thats your problem. Complacency never got anyone anywhere. BTW they closed because of money, stop making excuses.

Yup :rock

I don't feel like reading through all these posts, but all I can say is I guess some things will never change. There was something last night that told me CB would be closed today, I just must be psychic. Whats even funnier is they are the only ones the closed. Even BC which is farther south than them even stayed open!

They care about peoples safety...HA, How about the people that risked their lives getting to CB just to find out they were closed. And Volklfreeskier them being closed takes money out of your pocket, since you won't be working today. It's my home mountain and I think the physical features of the place are great. As far as most of the employees go I think their a bunch of jerk-offs. They have a chip on their shoulder and seem to be miserable. I guess I would be too if I made $2 an hour.

Edited by poconoceancity

Haha, doing it for our own good, what a load of bull. The only good thing they did was make me leave Camelback and go to Bear Creek, whose fun factor has destroyed Camelback's by at least 10,000%. Honestly the amount of fun I had there in an hour, equalled all the days I've spent at Camelback this year. The conditions still weren't that horrible, even with the rain/ice.

I hoped new management would solve how much Camelback sucks, at least a little bit. They bought some new boxes, but besides that, I've seen nothing good this year.

Edited by lurker

The only thing I have in common with most school teachers is that I collect a paycheck from the Board of education.

My best man was a school teacher and her biggest gripe was having to get up so early...which meant having to leave clubs early and go to bed. But being around school teachers a lot for work, I, uh, sorta get your meaning.

I imagine you like Matthew Brodericks charecter in election except for the fooling around with one of his students parts. Do you have to wear a tie? What do you teach?

I have to wear a tie. :angry: The last two years I've been teaching 5th grade Social Studies, Reading and Math. It's not a bad job and the schedule is great. I really can't explain how good it feels to walk out of school on June 15th, knowing that I am off for 80 days. When you look at the big picture it's even better...NJ teachers work 180 days and are off 185 days. We also are allowed 10 sick days, 5 family sick days and 3 personal days per year. 13 of the days if not used carry over to the next year. I am one of the only teachers that don't complain about the salary...I mean come on, we work less than half a year. We can retire at 55 with full medical coverage for life and 60% of our final salary every year for life.

I went today, man was I pissed. An extra fun fact for those of you claiming "saftey" as the reason they weren't there.... The season pass office wasn't open. They wanted to save money bottom line. Tomorrow they will have tons of weekend skiers that would otherwise complain about how beat up the trails are from todays warm spell.

I'm with pyro, I want to ride wherever whenever on whatever. Yes I did want to ride today. Yes I want to ride early in the season, yes I want to ride late in the season. Yes I want to ride in the rain, the extreme cold or whatever else will keep the lift lines short. I'm a fiend for snow (no not coke) and it seems I may have to start selling "hot" tv's so I can go else where. Man I thought from here till spring I would have a steady supply from cb, but no....

I said it when they decided to open a week later than projected, and I'll say it again....

Thanks a ton CB for making it a great year!

i may not be the best speller. but i have a certen passon for history. like right now im sitting at home watching the history channle. my dvr is filled with things from the millitary, or history int. channels. when my US history teacher doesn't feel like teaching he has me do it and i rather enjoy when i do teach the class.

so would you recomend it? im thinking about being a hirtory teacher

Absolutely...If you decide to become a history teacher, major in both Secondary social studies which allows you to teach high school history (Grades 7-12) and Elementary education which allows you to teach anything K-6. High school history jobs are hard to find, it's much easier to find a high school math or science job. Most people who major in math or science go on to bigger and better things.