Doug vs. Jeff

Ski

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will certainly be close. I've seen Jeff from the lift and he makes big fast turns. I've taken a couple runs with Doug at blue during the first PASR day at Blue and he is super fast going straight. Both of them will have to adjust for the race. Jeff will have to make smaller turns and Doug will have to make turns. I think it could go either way. I'll put my money on Jeff for this one. This could end up being a great rivalry.

All I know is it's going to be very close. Yesterday on Challenge I told Jeff to ski the run like it was Nastar and I followed his exact line and I didn't gain on him and he didn't gain on me but he was on 160s and I was on 176s. I have no turning issue, I can turn wherever I want to. I usually just save my turning for bumps or challenging terrain. Spending 4 years skiing Stowe forced me to turn alot down narrow runs like Goat and in the trees. Based on the weather forecast it doesn't look like the course will be to icy which will be a plus for me.

Great. Prove me wrong - if nothing else, it'll keep Atomic on his toes.

Doug, you sure you don't want to show up for saturday at Twood? It might make for some very interesting times... GOD I'm hungry to get in on this. Damn, why couldn't my sister be born a day later so I could partake of this, the greatest sporting event of our day and age?

My pick for the race is:

Doug.

My pick has nothing to do with skill or anything of that sort. Frankly, I think Jeff probably has better technical skill. The problem is that I love an underdog. Doug, you're my underdog and i'm riding you straight to the bank buddy. Not to mention that if Doug beats Jeff, Jeff might have a nervous breakdown :nana

Its on for next thursday though. Oh, believe me, its on for next thursday.

This will in fact be my first ASRA race. I raced nastar a couple times many moons ago. I have one posted score on the nastar website from back in 00-01. It was up at whiteface. I ran a 23 and change. I got screwed by a really fast pacesetter that day though... The course up there is still the same and the new average par on that course is 22.67 I think. Basically, I'm still pretty fast. I definitely will not be dropping out next thursday. God I wanna go up against you guys. too bad it has to wait another week. Just gives me more time to wax my skis...

Back to the matter at hand, however- Doug, wax your skis, get your head in the game, and go after that kid and his Atomics. Remember: what you may lack in technical skill, you can make up for in desire. You just need to figure out why you DESERVE to beat him.

Note: this is by no means derogatory to Jeff, since I really like both of you guys. Jeff has helped me out a lot with a bunch of different things, and I enjoy talking to both of you. Its just that Doug is scrapping his way up from much the same position that I am. I gotta get behind him on that.

Doug- you're my Rocky.

I never really thought about the waxing since I'm not used to skiing on waxed or very sharp skis. Jeff did a quick edge on my skis in the parking lot the other day and my edges are still nice...I may have to pony up the 12 dollars for my skis to get waxed at Blue. Plus Ski999 apparently uses this special wax that looks like cocaine that Atomic Jeff was telling me about so maybe he'll lend me some. It should be fun.

pssssssttt - who ever strips to a speed suit and flouros will win.. jacket for jacket and ski for ski - Intuition tells me to bet on Doug just because he seems much more aggressive and will have the fastest run of the night. However, common sense says, in one race, the first one. Atomic will win because of a more level headedness. It'll be interesting. I wish we could be there.

Edited by Papasteeze

Eh, I think Jeff will win but I'd love to see Doug beat him. Better yet, I'm gonna beat them both!

I just know Jeff is gonna be super serious and bust out his flouro and tune his skis perfectly so he can win. I figure Doug will show up just like he does every day, will be freestylin' out of the starting gate, and still give mister serious a run for his money :).

Edited by ThinkSnow

First off, good turns beat speed suits and fluoro any day. Fluoro only lasts for the first few gates, so picture this: a bad skier being pushed out of the start; his poor technique will only be amplified.

You guys want some? If you think it'll help, I'll have a film cannister for each racer, including Think. You just need to bring your own piece of cork to rub it in. So grab a bottle of Cold Duck and get drinkin'.

:confused Atomic did you race NASTAR last year? I was looking at 04-05 results to see if I should bet a light beer or an import and didn't see anything posted?

Under a pseudonym, Atomic Jeff ran a 12 at Bear Creek and a 16 handicap at Montage.

That put him the 7th fastest 17-21 yr old male in PA.

For NASTAR.